Insurance denied my DS

Tanya Coburn

Hi all. Looking for help, I hear @DianaCox and @Larra are the best so I would love to hear from you. I've been through all the proper steps with my doctor to be sent for surgery.. seminar, 7 monthly diet documentations, phsych evaluation, nutritionist, pre op class, and I have my labs scheduled within the next couple weeks. Today I got the denial letter from my insurance stating that my doctor is not covered nor is any biatric surgery under my plan. My insurance changed about halfway through the process, however during my open enrollment I sat down with an insurance broker and was ensured that I was picking the right plan and that my doctor was covered. I even signed up for a flex benefit plan that was $2800 to cover my copays and vitamins and if not used by the end of the year I will NOT get that money back that is already invested. I called my doctor/insurance/and insurance broker today and am being told I can appeal it, and the insurance states that I could in the end, get approved. I need to know how to word it properly and know if I go through my doctor for an appeal or do it myself. I am about 160lbs overweight with a BMI of 54. Please help!!

Oh, I'm so sorry! Fight for the approval. But, do know, Mexico is not a bad back up. And you can use your flex benefit. I did

@DianaCox I'm in Glendale. I'm always in Avondale though. I stay with my cousin 5 out of 7 days a week because we go to the gym Monday through Friday. So I'm down the way from you very close. I will pm you my phone number

Latest posts

Back