I'M so tired of taking vitamin I dont know what to do

Charris

Now an angel
Ok before everyone jumps on me I do realize that I knew this going into the surgery. I knew that it would be a life long commitment and I agreed to it.

It's not that I am really tired of taking vitamins its just the fact that since a lot of what I take comes back up if taken orally that I am putting my meds and vites in the jtube. It's like I feel like the majority of my day is crushing stuff to put in this darn tube. Boy will I be happy when I can just swallow my pills and roll the heck on.
So lurkers who are thinking about surgery know that vitamins are a requirement. Its not really a big issue to take some vitamins a few times a day when you can just swallow them. It can be time consuming but it is something that has to be done if we want to stay a live and healthy and maximize our tool benefits.

Awwww I get it too, charris. Ditto on the hugs and it WILL get better! Took me a loooong time, about 18 months in fact, to stop throwing up vites at least once a day. Was soooo hard to get them in, even crushed,, with my stupid stricture and sensitive barfiness. But I am happy to say I have not thrown up so much as a milligram of vites in over 3 months. Yayyyy! <--- See, proof that a) it's gonna get better and b) it'll likely happen waaaay sooner than it did for me... massively sooner. In the meantime, V-E-N-T ON!

Cello,
Yea I started thinking about throwing up right after taking my vitamins and all I could see was little $$$ every time I saw pills that I had just swallowed in the throw up. I know too gross. TMI sorry

I think I should be able to start trying swallowing them again real soon. The Reglan that Dr. K prescribed has really got things going. I do mean that literally. I think just like I was thinking that me not going number 2 was my main reason I was up chucking so much. The further away from a BM I was the more vomiting I was doing.

Thanks Southernlady I just love you avatar it is so sexy!

Cello,
Yea I started thinking about throwing up right after taking my vitamins and all I could see was little $$$ every time I saw pills that I had just swallowed in the throw up. I know too gross. TMI sorry

I think I should be able to start trying swallowing them again real soon. The Reglan that Dr. K prescribed has really got things going. I do mean that literally. I think just like I was thinking that me not going number 2 was my main reason I was up chucking so much. The further away from a BM I was the more vomiting I was doing.

Oh jeese...that has to be horrid for you.

And thanks. I ran across it YEARS ago...and adopted it as my own. It's how I FELT even if it wasn't how I LOOKED!

I can't wait for you to get that darn tube out. Hope it is soon!

How are you doing this week? Any good changes?

Yes ma'am. A lot less up chucking. My daughter even mentioned it. She is so pleased with my progress this last week. She is getting nervous she is in the home stretch and the baby could be here any day know. I mentioned in my previous post that I believe there was a correlation between my BM and up chucking. The Reglan really helped.

edited for spelling/grammar

Cello,

Oh ugh... yuck yuck and yuck... I hope the reglan and regular bowel habits make the critical difference. Blech. It's astonishing to me how many things can cause hiccups in recovery... probably including actual hiccups. ;)

less upchucking is good, at least you are making progress. is your daughter pregnant?

Last edited:
yes she is 35 weeks huge pregnant. She is probably going to have a line backer like I did> Both my kids were 6 weeks early. She weighed 9lbs8oz and my son 10lb14oz. The baby weighed 6 pounds at 30 weeks. Is having a boy I cant believe I am going to be a glam-ma. LOL She'
jacquala.jpg jacquala red.jpg

as you can see she has blown up. She is way bigger since that photo 3 weeks ago. Shes gained over 100 pounds. She has black stretch marks everywhere. Poor thing.

What a beautiful daughter! :)

Hey Charris (and any other vets with information), I have a question. I'm assuming that you have had as much trouble as me keeping things down. Did you find that your abdomen was swollen as a result?

If I can be bothered to hunt down my power cord from my kiddos tonight, I may try to post a pic of mine. The rest of me is getting pretty thin, but my abdomen is very, very swollen still. Uncomfortably so. I guess I'm just wondering if it is all the wounds or if there is another issue going on? There is literally a line on either side of my abdomen (past my hipbone and up to my chest) where the distension starts. It is worse at the end of the day when I've been walking around a lot. Too much activity also starts up the worst nausea. I try to take it "easy" during the day, but it's just not always possible with my responsibilities.

I saw a post about protein deficiency here that got me thinking (and scared me a bit). I KNOW that *I* am not getting enough protein, although I am trying like H*ll. I just wondered if you were experiencing this too, Charris.

Latest posts

Back