I'm Exhausted!

When I got in this morning and cheked my email Dr. K has already sent me the lab slip.

He sent me the lab slip for the annual work up. Only bad thing I asked the person who emailed me do I need to be fasting for any of these test and was told "I DONT KNOW" So I guess I will just assume as if i should and go in first thing tomorrow because it looks like they will be drawing atleast 10 tubes.

He sent me the lab slip for the annual work up. Only bad thing I asked the person who emailed me do I need to be fasting for any of these test and was told "I DONT KNOW" So I guess I will just assume as if i should and go in first thing tomorrow because it looks like they will be drawing atleast 10 tubes.
I would stop the vitamins for the rest of the day and not eat tomorrow morning, but make sure to drink water!

Many of the labs we get require fasting (A, D, B12, certain cholesterol, and a few others). Nothing by mouth for at least 8 hours except (water is allowed).

Many of the labs we get require fasting (A, D, B12, certain cholesterol, and a few others). Nothing by mouth for at least 8 hours except (water is allowed).

Ya I had pretty much decided I was going to go first thing tomorrow so I can be fasting. Plus drink plenty of water so hopefully they can even find a vein. Hopefully, the vein fairy will shine on me and let at least 1 vein show. Lol

Last edited:
I do know that for vitamin A lab draw you need to fast from vitamins for 24 hours. Diana Cox just posted this little tidbit from the Quest Labs website. So it's fresh in my mind. But make sure you get a ferritin done as well.

I remember you had iron infusions pre-op. I bet you're low on iron. Tired is very symptomatic of needing iron. If you get a chance, do a web search for the 7 or 8 symptoms of low iron.

Latest posts

Back