If Imodium is Your Security Blanket...

With any luck, it will be treated like Sudafed or similar OTCs that are used to make meth. It will be behind the counter, sold in small amounts, and one will have to sign for it. The purchase will also be logged into a data base. Can't remember if this process was mandated by the Feds or TN state laws, but I hope no one goes bat-shit crazy enough to totally ban it. So many things have changed since the 1982 Chicago Tylenol poisonings without taking it off the market. I do remember when nothing had safety caps.

With any luck, it will be treated like Sudafed or similar OTCs that are used to make meth. It will be behind the counter, sold in small amounts, and one will have to sign for it. The purchase will also be logged into a data base. Can't remember if this process was mandated by the Feds or TN state laws, but I hope no one goes bat-shit crazy enough to totally ban it. So many things have changed since the 1982 Chicago Tylenol poisonings without taking it off the market. I do remember when nothing had safety caps.

Feds, because we are all ALL potential meth lab operators. (And we had to sign for it in NV and CA and I think WI.)

BRW, the generic loperamide can cost as little as 3¢-4¢ per tablet, but with my insurance, the generic lomotil costs 2¢ per tablet...and it works better, but everything is blurry.

TN has a drug data base that lists every prescription ever written/filled. This database was often searched when I was working in hospitals. Some of the entries about the results were quite humorous as recorded in the medical record.

My favorite story involves a roomful of drug seekers in the ER waiting room. Dr. N comes out and says something like, "If y'all are wanting pain meds, I'm writing for Ibuprofen." The scene afterwards was like shining a light in a room full of cockroaches. Chances are he was avoiding searching the database.

Just in case...I will be buying a bunch to add to my stash. And yes, there is sudafed in there too. It makes me angry when I am punished for something I have never done.

Latest posts

Back