I see why dr charge the outrageous program fees

You'll get no argument from me. Doesn't a better educated populace benefit all of us? Just my opinion that if it weren't for the Hill-Burton Act and EMTALA laws, the poor would get no care at all. I don't mind the Math for the Stupid state run lotteries that were supposed to set up to fund education. It's just that once governments got heir hands on the money, education got shafted. So while things were done to provide health care and education to the "financially challenged" it all went awry.

I'm not against capitalism. If a man can invent the proverbial better mouse trap, more power to him. I just don't think healthcare and education should be a part of it. If other countries can set prices for medication, surgery/doctor fees, etc., why can't we? These deals with insurance companies are not the kind of capitalism that helps us. I under stand there are regional differences to account for varying costs, but a tonsillectomy in Chicago should be billed at the same rate for every doctor and hospital there.

On I hope not too distant drift from the thread: My grandparents bought my first car for me. It wasn't a gift. The bank worked out terms that all the money I paid was at the same interest rate they would have earned had they left that money in savings. They did that so I could establish a credit history. I sent my payment in every month with a little passbook like those once be issued with savings accounts. When I bought my own car years later, the interest rate was the standard going rate and significantly higher than my first one.

MiniSue's boyfriend and I worked out something similar. He is very responsible, but had a chunk of unavoidable stuff he had to cover and was just about to charge three grand on a credit card, when I said I could loan him the money and by doing so, I'd lose a whole 25¢/mo interest. He paid me back in less than the agreed upon time and bought me lunch. I came out WAY ahead...lol.

MiniSue's boyfriend and I worked out something similar. He is very responsible, but had a chunk of unavoidable stuff he had to cover and was just about to charge three grand on a credit card, when I said I could loan him the money and by doing so, I'd lose a whole 25¢/mo interest. He paid me back in less than the agreed upon time and bought me lunch. I came out WAY ahead...lol.

My grandparents got paid off early, too. I had 3 payments to go when I joined the USAF. Dad paid them for me. I can't remember the exact monthly amount but it was some where in the neighborhood of $35, nearly the same amount as my monthly rent. My income at the time was around $160 a month. I got pretty hungry the last few days before payday. Lots of fried egg sandwiches. 59 cents for a dozen eggs, 25 cents for a loaf of bread. I think I understand why my grandmother would scoff and lecture us whenever we asked about the "good old days". Born in 1902 and a farmer's wife. She was thrilled with her newfangled indoor plumbing and electric washer without the tubs and wringers. Said we didn't know how easy we "city kids" had it. LOl

Latest posts

Back