I really need your help

Thank u to all of u DS folks
I feel happy relaxed n confident now that i did the right choice n hope i will never regret it
:love30::love30:

Hey, Adam. One day, a bunch of us who had had surgery--band, RnY and DS--were out bumming around and discussing how none of us NEEDED a Krispy Kreme donut, but....
1--if the Lap Band patient got one, she'd take a couple of bites, it would clog up her passageways, and right then she'd start to barf it all up;
2--if the RnY patient got one, she could eat the whole thing...but she would need a bed, a cold towel, maybe a trash can to barf into, so that she could go through her dumping event; and,
3--if the DS patient got one, she could eat the whole thing without a moment of suffering...until a few hours later...by which time the gas became very painful, and she had to change into something loose because the severe bloating caused her waist to "grow" five inches in just a few hours.

Now, not every person has the same symptoms...but typically: the banded have what they like to call anything but barfing (but that's what it is), many of the RnY folks have to deal with dumping, and I'm in the DS group who find it easier to order off the gluten-free menu just to avoid over-processed wheat flour. (Soy sauce doesn't bother me...I don't REALLY need gluten-free...but it's easier.

So, whichevery surgery...just skip the Krispy Kreme store.

Hey, Adam. One day, a bunch of us who had had surgery--band, RnY and DS--were out bumming around and discussing how none of us NEEDED a Krispy Kreme donut, but....
1--if the Lap Band patient got one, she'd take a couple of bites, it would clog up her passageways, and right then she'd start to barf it all up;
2--if the RnY patient got one, she could eat the whole thing...but she would need a bed, a cold towel, maybe a trash can to barf into, so that she could go through her dumping event; and,
3--if the DS patient got one, she could eat the whole thing without a moment of suffering...until a few hours later...by which time the gas became very painful, and she had to change into something loose because the severe bloating caused her waist to "grow" five inches in just a few hours.

Now, not every person has the same symptoms...but typically: the banded have what they like to call anything but barfing (but that's what it is), many of the RnY folks have to deal with dumping, and I'm in the DS group who find it easier to order off the gluten-free menu just to avoid over-processed wheat flour. (Soy sauce doesn't bother me...I don't REALLY need gluten-free...but it's easier.

So, whichevery surgery...just skip the Krispy Kreme store.

Very true, i like the way u explained it, i'll take the positive side of it n consider it as a good tool to not eat unhealthy food
but does that mean i am not gonna enjoy occasionally a piece of chocolate cake again?!

Very true, i like the way u explained it, i'll take the positive side of it n consider it as a good tool to not eat unhealthy food
but does that mean i am not gonna enjoy occasionally a piece of chocolate cake again?!

I don't know about other people, but I eat cake, ice cream and candy galore. In fact, I eat ice cream almost every day - kids size only though. The only thing that makes my tummy unhappy is a too many gummy bears or orange juice at one time. I can have a little of those but not alot. But beware, all that sugar will put weight on you.

Dumping is not that common; only impacts about 20% of RNY patients post-op.

Well, no DSers dump so 20% vs 0% is a lot and about 50% RNY patients gain most of thier weight back. DS is 10%. I still have no idea why the RNY is te standard of care.

Last edited:
Well, no DSers dump so 20% vs 0% is a lot and about 50% RNY patients gain most of thier weight back. DS is 10%. I still have no idea why the RNY is te standard of care.
Actually DS'ers dump about the same as normies..less than 5% but some DO dump. Its NOT common tho. And because there is no increase over what normal people do, it's not considered a side effect.

As for why it's a standard of care...possibly cause it does help SOME and it's cheap and easy to do compared to the DS. That is one reason many of us pray the SADI/SIPS/LoopDS replaces the RNY as the "gold standard". At least that way, people keep their pyloric valve.

Plus many morbidly obese consider themselves in need of a "punishment" surgery. If they eat badly, they deserve to be punished. So the RNY'ers who don't dump but wanted it as a punishment for bad eating, are disappointed. The DS is NOT a punishment surgery. While many of us have foods we can't eat for various reasons (usually gas and bloat), that isn't the same as the "immediate" punishment of dumping. And DS'ers usually know their triggers and either plan around them or deal with them.

The numbers I've seen for dumping with gastric bypass vary from 30% to 70%, depending on which study you read. What this tells me is that no one really knows, except that clearly not everyone with gastric bypass dumps. Some people dump and don't recognize it as dumping. I have a dear, dear friend with RNY who always said that some foods "disagreed" with her. Once we took a good look at her symptoms and the timing of symptoms, it was dumping.

Dumping is horrible sometimes it came without warning. It was as bad as I had to lay down and wish I could vomit, (I am not a vomit-er,lol) other times it was mild discomfort. It can disrupt your life and plans. Once you knew your triggers it was manageable by avoiding those triggers. But man I am so happy to have my pyloric valve back in play!

I dont want to have a punishment surgery, dumping seems to be very nasty, i wldnt like to experience it at all .. but again DS is not punishment free, if someone eats sugary foods or carbs will suffer from gas bloating diarrhea n vomit.. right?

I dont want to have a punishment surgery, dumping seems to be very nasty, i wldnt like to experience it at all .. but again DS is not punishment free, if someone eats sugary foods or carbs will suffer from gas bloating diarrhea n vomit.. right?
Not everyone does just as not as all RNYers dump. You have to know your own body, your triggers and bottom line, is it worth it.

I am kind of person, if i buy some food that really like it, i can't go to sleep before i eat it all no matter what. will the surgery help me to control this habit or do i have to seek a help with a nutritionist or psychologist.. controlling food portions n cravings were always an issue for me so that i had to stop preparing food for a week cuz i ended up eating it in 1 or 2 meals.. is there something i can do that can help?

I am kind of person, if i buy some food that really like it, i can't go to sleep before i eat it all no matter what. will the surgery help me to control this habit or do i have to seek a help with a nutritionist or psychologist.. controlling food portions n cravings were always an issue for me so that i had to stop preparing food for a week cuz i ended up eating it in 1 or 2 meals.. is there something i can do that can help?

You seriously need to see psych because that is a big time disorder and no surgery will fix your head. You need that under control BEFORE surgery so you don't hurt yourself

Latest posts

Back