I made my 2 month percentage!!!

Brandy

Freddled gruntbuggly
In this thread http://bariatricfacts.org/threads/its-not-pounds-its-percentages.1844/ @southernlady said "On track to lose it all is 25% lost after 2 months, 50% after 6 months, and 80% at one year."

Monday is my two month anniversary and today I made my 25% goal. WOOOOPPPPPIIEEE!!!

I can not begin to express my relief.

Random things:

Twice I have freaked at the sight of lumps! Turned out they were bones I had forgotten about under my fat. Once I caught a glace at my shoulder out of the corner of my eye and didn't recognize it. Mostly though, my body image is only now catching up with my body. Somehow I refused to add the last 50 lbs. I gained on my body in my mind. This has made the weight loss seem more like traveling back in time than losing weight. It is all very strange mentally and I'm curious what it will be like for the next 40 lbs.

I thought I had an esophageal scripture, but I passed the endoscopy. I am to take more tests next week. It is probably some kind of esophageal spasm. I hope that doesn't mean that I am on soft foods even longer. I still have about 5 out of 6 meals from the soft meal menu. Then I'm so starved I wolf down steak. I thought by this point I would be back to a somewhat normal diet, but that is not my fate. There is a large part of me that doesn't care as long as I keep losing weight. One odd thing is that the endoscopy showed my surgery was great. She said the sutures were a thing of beauty! Right now, she doesn't know how the surgery can be related to my problems. It may be the surgery irritated a problem that was already there.

I have not eaten any bread, potatoes or any carbs other than a few fruits and veggies in my protein shakes. I can't believe I'm actually living this way. The good news is I have had no digestive upsets other than constipation.

Constipation is my hobgoblin. I have yet to get in all my calcium for any length of time. I go through heavy cream like water. I walk though the grocery store search for high fat soft foods. I just upped it today to 4 stool softeners and 4 magnesium oxide 500 mg's.

I find I'm too cheap to buy new clothes, so I occasionally gather the waistband of my pants in rubber bands. Pure class, that. I did have to go buy a new bra. I purchased bra extenders and a cup sized down so that hopefully this one will last two months. I bought the cheapest one on sale but it is bright pink with black lace and is a push up. It is rather odd to wear because I've always been a practical white, beige or black and minimizing kind of girl. The whole idea of myself wearing a bra so bright if somewhat off putting and that seems wrong to me. I didn't realize I had limited myself so much. I am curious how my feelings will change as I lose weight.

Even though I have a whole box of vitamin from VitaLady, I'm taking Celebrate Vitamins. 3 Mulit-ADEK, 1 Iron +C and generally 3 cal +, although I've been trying different calcium pills. I did the math and I know I'm on the low end of acceptable ranges, which very well might become a problem. But with the esophageal spasms I only have so many swallows a day. Better I get in a good base in 7 vitamin pills rather than get stalled in the middle of 20+. In a month I will have my blood work done and hopefully by then they will have figured out my swallowing issue and I can re-plan.

Losing this much weight feels just as terrific as you think it will. It is really hard to put it into words. I thought *nothing* could live up to my expectations, but it does. It really feels that good.

congratulations on finding bones! :banana:

This has made the weight loss seem more like traveling back in time than losing weight.

it is a real trip for your mind, wheeeeeeeeeeeeeee :surfing:

Congratulations on your losses so far.

I take two doses of Miralax (generic clearlax) per day, 4 stool softeners, 6 fiber capsules and 3 tablespoons of chia seeds per day. It is how I keep my bowels moving. We do not absorb Miralax (normies don't either). So, if you need it, take it.

Last edited:
Congratulations!!!! You're doing great! Definitely go out and buy some new pants - you will look better if they fit properly and that will give you a psychological edge! Well done!

Congratulations! I second what Hilary said: buy yourself a pair of pants that fits, even if it means raiding the second-hand stores. It really does make a difference to how you feel about yourself. I've ploughed through my previously too-small clothes (pants and skirts, in particular) at a rate of knots, including some I thought I could wear longer because of elasticated waists, etc. But, when I caught a glimpse of my reflection in a window, I realised that even though they felt okay, they were very baggy and made me look twice my size! Now I'm absolutely ruthless about my clothes. If it is big, baggy or just doesn't look good, I donate it to charity or dump it. I never intend regaining the weight I lost (not this time around!) so I'm not hanging on to stuff that I'm not happy wearing. When I get down to the lower sizes I'll probably keep a size or two up, because of the bounce back everyone talks about. But that's it. :)

But, when I caught a glimpse of my reflection in a window, I realised that even though they felt okay, they were very baggy and made me look twice my size! Now I'm absolutely ruthless about my clothes. If it is big, baggy or just doesn't look good, I donate it to charity or dump it.
I kept SOME of the baggy for wearing around the house, need something I don't care if it gets stained or torn type. Dh did the same thing...mostly t shirts that we now use cause even tho we now longer have shelves to catch our food...we STILL seem to dribble. :) Or yoga type pants to sleep in...I don't like close fitting pj's.

Latest posts

Back