I guess I'm an outlier

Im right there with you on the time table of the revision. I will say this, what we learned with VSG does NOT apply to DS..so you have to un do that thinking. Which I know is HARD.but fat is our friend..so is higher calories. Of course, carbs are the enemy. But carb cycling has helped me tremendously...it helps with the feeling of deprivation and to shake up my body. I will also say this, you may want to back off exercising for a while. Ive had both RDs and trainers tell me over tge years that when ur trying to jumpstart weightloss through diet, hold off on exercise until u get going. Otherwise ur body tries to hold on to every calorie bc uve cut ur sustenance while increasing ur burn. Maybe just a week without exercise...and try carb cycling. I too am not losing as fast as I'd hoped..but im losing. Definitely understand your frustration..revision is sooo much slower..and harder!!

Hi Linda! Thanks for responding. I too have been trying to carb cycle. Not sure if it's working yet as I'm only weighing myself once a week. But even though I haven't lost any weight, I've lost three dress sizes since surgery.

Reminder: if you eat more protein than you need, your body will convert most of the excess into fat, plus give your kidneys more work to do to get rid of the excess nitrogen. You're better off padding your diet with fat and fibrous veggies (salad, broccoli with cheese sauce) than too much protein.

How would you know if you're getting too much protein? I have a hard time correlating my protein intake with my total protein and albumin numbers? They seem in the normal range even though I have some days when I eat over 200 grams of protein.

Hi Linda! Thanks for responding. I too have been trying to carb cycle. Not sure if it's working yet as I'm only weighing myself once a week. But even though I haven't lost any weight, I've lost three dress sizes since surgery.
I discovered on my journey that I could either lose weight or sizes but not both at the same time.

3 dress sizes? Sweetie you're losing!!! And listenIm the pot talking to the kettle bc i obsess over the scale. But u may be a person that loses inches over weight. In the end if the dress size drops then ur losing. Ur weight may ne redistributing in other areas as u slim down
But a loss is a loss. Go girl!

Latest posts

Back