I Am Scheduled: Updated

Pain is cold....drugs are warm. Keep warm. :)
Me likey! :D

The good doctor was in Brighton early this morning and is discharging me later today. Toradol and dilaudid cocktail did wonders yesterday, so I'm going to get another round or two of that and be out of here by about 5 o'clock this afternoon. The Toradol definitely help with the inflammation and is helping me walk and get around better which is important seeing that the hotel rooms a good 75 yards from our car and I am not looking forward to that walk. It's really weird though walking has been really hard after this one

get around better which is important seeing that the hotel rooms a good 75 yards from our car and I am not looking forward to that walk. It's really weird though walking has been really hard after this one
Try to focus on something beside how you feel making that walk. For some reason the mind when focused on pain seems to add to it.

Damn Scott! Really hoping that this is the charm for you and your absorption issues become a thing of the past. I'm amazed you've been able to even walk around...sounds like you probably had a whopper of a herniation. Your old football coach would have nothing but praise for how you've been able to tough it out this long! But now it's truly time for you to feel better than you have in, literally, many years now. Rest more than you think you should! Just take it easy and let your body do it's thang, if I may go all hip hop...on yo ass!! :helpsmiley:Haha! You'll be better in no time. Back to eating chocolate covered bacon and enjoying the DS lifestyle, the way it was meant to be enjoyed!!
:danc: :danc::danc::danc::danc::danc::danc:

Lol hip hop Will!

Thanks my friend. I am hoping this does the trick as well. Dr K said he was really pleased with what he saw, especially no internal hernia and the repair itself. He said the hernia was definitely large enough that bowel was moving in and out of it causing Intermittent blockage and a lot of my issues. He really does believe that we are going to be very happy with the result once fully healed.

@DSRIGGS so he didn't find anything else going on did he
No Honey, he didnt find anything else. He said he found no internal hernia so that was very good.

This large hernia that was repaired really was causing partial and intermittent blockage which led to malabsorbtion and sibo. That should all go away.

As the mesh embeds and heals it should provide great strength and hopefully an end to the hernia trail.

No Honey, he didnt find anything else. He said he found no internal hernia so that was very good.

This large hernia that was repaired really was causing partial and intermittent blockage which led to malabsorbtion and sibo. That should all go away.

As the mesh embeds and heals it should provide great strength and hopefully an end to the hernia trail.
Fan -Tas-Tic!

Hang in there Scott! It should get better day by day, and if not, let Dr. K take a look at you to make sure everything is alright.

Hang in there Scott! It should get better day by day, and if not, let Dr. K take a look at you to make sure everything is alright.
I actually just came from Ara's. Lets just say that antibiotics caused some issues last night and when showering to clean up i noticed the bulge was still there. I wanted to talk about antibiotics and the bulge. He told me the bulge is the old skin which will attach to the mesh eventually and flatten out. I had a roll of stuff that fell out from under the binder when in the hospital. This is to go over the old hernia area under the binder and this pressure helps to keep the muscle in that area in contact with the mesh to keep a seroma from forming and to encourage the adhesion to the mesh.

He said i look much, much better than I did the day after surgery in the hospital

Btw I am down a pound already according to their scale even with all the hospital fluids, so I am probably going to be a good 5-7 pounds down at least from this surgery and recovery

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back