I am on the losers bench!

Had my DS on Thursday and got home a few minutes ago. The surgery apparently went well, and I wasn't in tremendous pain afterwards. But I was seriously nauseous and it took 5 different nausea med to help me barely hit 30 oz today. I know it'll continue to get better. Now to get through another week of liquids. I start pureed food Chirtmas Day-- what Christmas Present!!! So looking forward to many improvements this new year! Merry Christmas everyone!
Leigh Ann

Welcome to the Dark Side!

My dh is now 5 years out. He had his on Dec 16th, 2010. He ate ONE TINY bite of mashed potatoes for Christmas dinner, along with plenty of fluid. 5 years from now, you will thank the starts you had the DS.

Congrats! I just started pureed foods this weekend and it was surprisingly tasty. I was on liquids only a total of 4 weeks (preop for 3 weeks and 1 week post op) so I was looking forward to it as well.

Take it easy and don't rush anything.

Congrats and please stay on the hydration. 30 oz a day will not be enough to try everything you can (different liquids until you find one you can drink). If you can't get to around 60 oz a day you may need to seek help. I had really bad GERD after surgery and it made me have difficulty and nausea... The nausea was because I didn't have anything in my stomach so be aware of that. Your stomach likes something in it all the time.

Also remember that protein drinks and any soup broth counts towards your daily liquids.

Congrats! It is hard at first but keep at the sipping and walking and it will get better sooner than you think!

Latest posts

Back