I am having a good second day!

ProteinSnob

As some of you know, I haven't been able to eat solids really since September.

Yesterday, I desperately scooped out half of a Costco Calzone filled with melty cheese and sausage. Guess who had FIVE tiny bites and did not throw up (thank God)?

I just ate four bites of a chicken salad and am hoping for the same outcome.

It's amazing how much better I felt this morning after eating even a little bit yesterday. Most days all I've been able to keep down all day is a glass of milk.

This is hopefully just the beginning of progress for me!

Oh, I so hope that this is the beginning of great things for you! Baby steps and a little tender loving care for your tummy. You so deserve to be able to enjoy food again.

good for you - so, you have just had a revision and it's a Big Ass deal. I'm not surprised you have to take baby bites, literally.

I hope you have been getting in enough liquids (especially) and you have found a liquid protein you like?

This is EXCELLENT news! I soooo hope you are finally seeing some light in what has been a very dark tunnel for you.

JackieOnLine, FYI, proteinsnob's back story - if I may interject for you! - is more complicated than just a revision, she went septic, has been a pretty horrible ordeal and we almost lost her. I'll let her fill in more of her history if she chooses.

Awesome news! So glad to hear you are making tiny little steps forward. Slowly but surely, things are bound to keep getting better and better. The rough beginning will become a distant memory and the things to look forward to will fill the forward horizon.

If you are anything like me, the dense proteins were very hard to handle in the beginning. Don't give up if something doesn't agree with you right away. You can always try again another day.

All the best for continued great news in the days, weeks, months, and years to come :)

Latest posts

Back