I am a lightweight

southernlady

Administrator
Staff member
Hi, I'm Liz aka southernlady and I am a lightweight. My starting BMI was 35.2 and I was ONLY 68 lbs overweight. I had some severe comorbids...type 2 diabetes on an insulin pump, high cholesterol, etc.

I got to my goal in 8 months...stalled for 5 months, then lost more and saw a low of 121 for 10 sec! Current weight is 145 and both my husband and I are attempting to decarb and avoid gluten as much as we can. Not going gluten free but want to minimize it in my life.

I had the duodenal switch and so did my husband...we are about 5 weeks apart.

Liz

I was considered a lightweight as well. At 5'7" and 250 the day of my revision....I 'only' had about 90 lbs to lose. After my plastics I am holding in the mid 160's. I think once I get rid of all the swelling, I might be in the low 160's. Nice place to be!

Light weight here. Starting bmi at 40. I hada lot of pain from the hips down and high cholesterol and that's it. The thing is diabetes goes back three generations for me. I'm convinced I was going to be the fourth. I chose the ds because of that. You do not have to be mo in my family to be diabetic either. So even if I got the sleeve and lost all the weight, I'm sure I would end up being diabetic. I guess you could say I got the ds to prevent diabetes. That is hard for a lot of people to swallow. I also will admit that I hated myself mo. Yes, part of my decision to get the ds was because it is the most effective surgery and I wanted the best chances of staying normal weight. I'm a little vain and yes, I'll admit it, I want to be what society considers pretty. I hate saying that, but it's honest.

I wass MO Lightweight. Starting BMI 41 250 lbs. Initially lost down to 143, but with my age and bone frame, that was too low fot me. I felt better at 155... But the regain took me up to 175... Eventually lost 10+ lbs and my body found new "set point" at 163-167. Getting below 163 isd really work and I can stay there for a day, then my weight goes up. At the same time when I get above 167 ,... I get less hungry and lose some appetite, and eat less without trying very hard. (Unless I get sick and have to eat something to take meds. )

Hello I think I could qualify as a, light weight. When I started pursuing my revision I weighed 206. Within the 45 days, that I waited for surgery my mama passed and I gained 21 pounds. Bringing my bmi up to 46? I am 4'11. 5. I would like to loose about 107 to 117 pounds and end up around 110 to 120 pounds.

Hi, I'm Liz aka southernlady and I am a lightweight. My starting BMI was 35.2 and I was ONLY 58 lbs overweight. I had some severe comorbids...type 2 diabetes on an insulin pump, high cholesterol, etc.

I got to my goal in 8 months...stalled for 5 months, then lost more and saw a low of 121 for 10 sec! Current weight is 145 and both my husband and I are attempting to decarb and avoid gluten as much as we can. Not going gluten free but want to minimize it in my life.

I had the duodenal switch and so did my husband...we are about 5 weeks apart.

Liz
Hi Liz,
I have a BMI of 36.5 with high blood pressure and diabetes using an insulin pump-awaiting insurance approval for my DS-Did your diabetes disappear after surgery?

Hi Liz,
I have a BMI of 36.5 with high blood pressure and diabetes using an insulin pump-awaiting insurance approval for my DS-Did your diabetes disappear after surgery?
Unlike many, I still am borderline. My A1C floats between 5.8 and 6.2 and I do have fasting blood sugars that run about 100. For the DS, the resolution rate isn't 100% but more like 98%. I just happen to be in the 2% not fully resolved. HOWEVER, I do not take any insulin meds now just keep a very close eye on mine and keep it under control by watching carbs!

Remember if you are a type 1 on an insulin pump, the DS will not cure it, you will still need insulin. However, your insulin need can be drastically reduced as you lose weight.

And WELCOME to the board! :rainbowwelcome:

Latest posts

Back