Hurting burning stomach does it ever stop

Charris

Now an angel
My stomach always hurts and burns. Does this every stop? I know I have heard long time vets say they have a grumpy stomach.

The burning reminds me like if you are to eat something too spicy. I dont eat spicy or hot food. I really never have because i am a whimpus, but on the rare occassions that i would eat hot wings before revision Id have this same type of feeling in my stomach.

Of course I'm gonna say ask Dr K, but my stomach took a long time to heal It wasn't exactly painful, and eating something usually calmed it a bit. Well, that's how it acted when I had an ulcer too, but I think he'd be aware if you had one at the time of surgery.

Of course I'm gonna say ask Dr K, but my stomach took a long time to heal It wasn't exactly painful, and eating something usually calmed it a bit. Well, that's how it acted when I had an ulcer too, but I think he'd be aware if you had one at the time of surgery.

I am going to try eat when it gets really bad and see what happens. Usually not long after it gets to the extreme extreme burning feeling ( within a hour) I have to go to the bathroom. Im not taking the Reglan anymore. It said take as needed and I NO longer need it. I'm spending too much of my life in the bathroom compared to my once a month that I used to go before surgery. I digress Im sorry and sure you didnt want to know all that.

Thanks goodness we have been extremly slow at work since I have came back last Thursday or these burning episodes in my stomach I'd be going home sick. Now I am laying in my office praying no one else comes down from court. LOL

BTW when you did eat something what did you eat?

I have this sometimes. Heart burn like symptoms in what I think is my tummy. It started after the PPI was discontinued. I take a big old swig of CVS extra strength mint flavored Ant-acid. I also sleep propped up a bit. It works for me every time.

And I parrot the Ask the Doc recommendations.

Take good care.

Whit

I have this sometimes. Heart burn like symptoms in what I think is my tummy. It started after the PPI was discontinued. I take a big old swig of CVS extra strength mint flavored Ant-acid. I also sleep propped up a bit. It works for me every time.

And I parrot the Ask the Doc recommendations.

Take good care.

Whit

I already have an email into Dr. K. I know that poor man hates the day I ever learned his name! About sleeping propped up that used to work before surgery now if i sleep propped up or in the upright position/ fall asleep sitting up I AM GUARANTEED TO WAKE up with a huge acid reflux issue going on. Very strange. But leave it to problem child me to do the opposite of whats right. LOL

Im sorry you are going through this. I doubt he regrets working with you. You are a challenge and hey you paid him it's his job to help you!
Take good care!
Whit

Im sorry you are going through this. I doubt he regrets working with you. You are a challenge and hey you paid him it's his job to help you!
Take good care!
Whit

True but think of all the patients who pay him $4000 for a revision and he sees them 5 times and never hears from them again. He is working for that little program fee I paid him. Emails and calls all times of the night, visits, etc. But even if he is tired of me he doesnt show it to my face. He actually makes me feel bad because he seems as if he genuienly worries about what goes on with each patient.

I had a similar problem. I found my stomach hurt worse if I waited to long between meals. I had to find foods that did not bother me like yogurt. I did not have to eat a lot but I did have to eat more often. it was hard for me because I was afraid to eat because I thought my stomach would hurt. I also had to take the PPIs on schedule.

MsVee

I had a similar problem. I found my stomach hurt worse if I waited to long between meals. I had to find foods that did not bother me like yogurt. I did not have to eat a lot but I did have to eat more often. it was hard for me because I was afraid to eat because I thought my stomach would hurt. I also had to take the PPIs on schedule.

MsVee

That seems to be a common thought maybe I need to eat when it starts to hurt. Im going to try it, I really thought it would irritate it more if I ate. But eating seems to be the consensus. I take my PPI religiously the first thing I do after going to the bathroom. Its like clock work my stomach wakes me up for number 2 at 530 then Im off to take my PPI, pepsid, and first rounds of vits.

Latest posts

Back