HUGE compliment!

Psychomom

Over the weekend, my husband, daughter, and I went to visit my aunt and uncle in another town. We stopped at a grocery store to pick up a few things we needed. While there, a woman was giving out samples of turkey burgers with Hatch green chiles and Monterrey Jack cheese ground up in the meat. I tried a sample and liked it enough to buy a couple of the burgers to cook for dinner this week. While in line, a woman next to me started up a conversation, talking about how good the turkey burgers were and that she would have never dreamed they would taste as good as they did. Then she told me, "But I bet you eat this kind of food all the time." I asked her why she would think that and she told me that as thin, beautiful, and healty as I am, she bets that I eat that kind of stuff all the time. I was so shocked! I guess I suffer from body dysmorphia, because I still see every roll, every ounce of fat. Never would I put myself in the same category she did. I just smiled, told her thank you--what a kind thing to say, and did a little victory dance inside my head. It made my day!

Buying a hand knit cardigan sweater, the saleswoman says, you are a size small, right? First thought: who me? Second thought, I need an extra large (in my head). Settled on, "let's try a medium first," but then, the small fit. Bought it. Still blows my mind.

Buying a hand knit cardigan sweater, the saleswoman says, you are a size small, right? First thought: who me? Second thought, I need an extra large (in my head). Settled on, "let's try a medium first," but then, the small fit. Bought it. Still blows my mind.

I, the Queen of Subtle, walked into a small local boutique.
"Do you think I fit in anything in your store?"
Owner looked at me and kind of chuckled.
"I'm serious. I just lost over a hundred pounds and I REALLY don't know if I fit in your clothes."

She adopted me a made me spend LOTS of money. But it felt good that she thought I was joking about fitting in her clothes.

Over the weekend, my husband, daughter, and I went to visit my aunt and uncle in another town. We stopped at a grocery store to pick up a few things we needed. While there, a woman was giving out samples of turkey burgers with Hatch green chiles and Monterrey Jack cheese ground up in the meat. I tried a sample and liked it enough to buy a couple of the burgers to cook for dinner this week. While in line, a woman next to me started up a conversation, talking about how good the turkey burgers were and that she would have never dreamed they would taste as good as they did. Then she told me, "But I bet you eat this kind of food all the time." I asked her why she would think that and she told me that as thin, beautiful, and healty as I am, she bets that I eat that kind of stuff all the time. I was so shocked! I guess I suffer from body dysmorphia, because I still see every roll, every ounce of fat. Never would I put myself in the same category she did. I just smiled, told her thank you--what a kind thing to say, and did a little victory dance inside my head. It made my day!
Best compliment of your day, Im sure

Latest posts

Back