Howdy!

Mominmich2

Hi,

My name is Dana and I am new to this site. I had my VSG surgery in August of 2016. I am down 70 pounds from my highest weight of 290 (down 50 from day of surgery), but I have been in a stall for over 2 months. I keep losing and then gaining the same 2-4 pounds, it doesn't matter what I do.

I have tried more calories, less calories, more exercise, more carbs, less carbs, etc, but nothing is working. This on top of the massive hair loss that I have had, and you can see where I am getting disappointed with my results.

I came to this site to see if others are having (or have had) the same struggles as me, and to see what has helped others.

Congrats on losing 70#!!!

How frustrating! If it is any comfort, most of us have experienced everything you're going through, regardless of our surgery type.

Stalls happen to everyone. Keep those carbs low. Follow the "rules" and ignore the scale for a while. (I know, easy for me to say; harder for you to do.) Did you measure yourself pre-op? Remeasure as you may be shrinking in size if not in pounds right now. Make lists of NSV to keep your spirits up.

The hair loss is nasty business but it will grow back, promise. Rapid weight loss causes each hair to speed up its life cycle and to begin dropping out about 3.5 months after surgery. Some people have this one massive molt and are done; others continue to lose hair until 3 months after they stop losing weight so rapidly. So hey, at least the good news about a stall is that hair loss will slow down in the next few months. (I had to remove fistfuls of hair from shower drain several times within each shower or the water backed up to my calves. One day I took a picture of a softball-sized ball of hair after one shower and comb out. It was surreal. But each hair that dropped out almost immediately started growing back. I now have hairs of every possible length which makes styling a challenge, but it's getting better.)

Hi and welcome @Mominmich2 ! I'm glad you are healthy and down 70 pounds, which while not your goal is nothing to shake a stick at - that's great! Stalls are frustrating, so can sympathize. All the best!

Latest posts

Back