Howdy

Florida gal

Hi All,

I've been a "lurker" for the past few months. I finally made myself official by becoming a member.

I am hoping to have a gastric sleeve revision to a duodenal switch. My original surgery was December 2011. I went from 290 pounds to 229. Within a matter of time, I slowly fell into old habits.

Today, I am 290 pounds and disgusted! My surgeon, Muhammad Jawad's office received a denial from my insurance carrier Empire BCBS for the revision due to non-compliance. We are now working on an appeal. I'm undecided on whether I should travel out of state for the DS procedure. I'm praying that my procedure will be approved after 3 months of monitored diet attempts.

Welcome & good luck with the approval! *& yes, getting the surgery you need/want is worth travelling for if the home-front options are denied or not suitable for other reasons. :)

Howdy...I am having my revision from VSG to DS next week on the 28th with Dr. Ungson in Mexico. My insurance doesn't cover WLS of any sort so I'm self pay and that's why I'm going to Mexico.

Who did your original surgery? Do you think your sleeve was made too big or that it has stretched out?

Good luck on your appeal!

Howdy...I am having my revision from VSG to DS next week on the 28th with Dr. Ungson in Mexico. My insurance doesn't cover WLS of any sort so I'm self pay and that's why I'm going to Mexico.

Who did your original surgery? Do you think your sleeve was made too big or that it has stretched out?

Good luck on your appeal!

Congrats on your upcoming revision!

My original surgery was done by Muhammad Jawad. The upper GI scan showed the stretched stomach.

I will do some research on Dr. Ungson.

Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome.

Congrats on your upcoming revision!

My original surgery was done by Muhammad Jawad. The upper GI scan showed the stretched stomach.

I will do some research on Dr. Ungson.

Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome.

I'm really hoping he says my sleeve needs to be tightened up or redone. Im really afraid If he doesn't that I won't be able to get the weight off.

Latest posts

Back