How many of you actually need protein shakes?

Marquis Mark

I got sick of protein drinks so I stopped. Then had my blood tests. My protein levels are great, no drop.

Just out of curiosity, how many of you still take protein supplements? Or do most of you get everything you need from food?

I didn’t use them at all for years. But I couldn’t stand any of them either. Then a few years ago I discovered the Unjury Chicken Soup and it’s actually tasty. I sometimes have a lack of appetite for protein and I’ll have a soup if I think I’m seriously low on protein on a bad day.

Not me. I think I’ve had one in the last year. My protein level is above 7 on my labs so obviously I’m eating enough protein.

My protein levels are always below minimum range (just a half point at most) and albumin is usually 3.9'sh (min 3.5)...hell here is a pic, but like Liz I don't do protein drinks and they didn't help when I did. Dr K said this is just likely my new normal and is okay. I wish I was around 7 for TP and never lower than 4 on albumin, but it is what it if for me.

upload_2018-5-31_12-10-53.png

Just the smell makes me gag! Don't use them. But I do put low carb slimfast in my coffee.
I agree about the whey smell. The only one I can stomach on occasion like when on a liquid diet for a test or surgery is the RTD Premier Protein Drinks. Supposedly its bioavailability isn't great so you don't get full protein but who really cares if you only get 25 rather than 30 if it is only one you can gag down? :D but yeah, rarely

I have one per day, most days, usually for breakfast. It just works for me. Mornings we have to go somewhere I'll often take it with me in the car and drink on the way. Some days it helps me meet quota and some days it's just a boost.

I wish I could get all my protein from food. Some days I can. When I can't eat any more, I can usually do a liquid. May not be an ideal way to get protein, yet not getting enough really isn't an option.

Latest posts

Back