How long to tell if a food doesn't sit right?

Amie

Hey guys,

As I move into the world of trying new foods a question popped into my bitty brain. I was wondering how long it takes for your stomach to disagree with something once you eat it? Do you take one bite and give it five or ten minutes to see if you get any pain? Or do you eat it as normal and experience the discomfort hours later? I get this may be a ymmv thing, but I thought I'd ask to see people's experiences. As a newbie that hasn't had any bad food experiences yet I was curious on if ill be able to tell a "bad" food right away or not.

Sometimes right away...sometimes up to 24 hours later. Usually the best way to add a new food is to try a bite or two and give it 24/48 hours.

I haven't had any bad food experience that showed up in moments. For me it's been between and hour and a day. YMMV and go slow are the two signposts for this subject!

For me, if something sits bad in my actual stomach it happens within a half hour or less. If something bothers the bottom end, it could take 2-12 hours or so.

^^^Just occurred to me that my trusty stricture has probably prevented me from having much of anything bother my "actual stomach" quickly since it still takes time for solid food to get there from the tiny opening in my espohagus. Pretty sure that all of my "uh oh... that was a bad choice" food experiences have been from intestinal pain-->gas-->regrettable bathroom experiences (sometimes skipping one or more of those steps).

Latest posts

Back