How do I eat more???

Hi there. I just saw your post and although I didn't go through the revision like you did, and as others have said, it is a much tougher road that takes a longer time to get to "normalcy". That being said, I had a really hard time getting food in early on and protein drinks of any kind (the whey powder or Isopure) simply gagged me and I couldn't get them down. I was eating nothing much but a little bit of cream of wheat, oatmeal or some yogurt up until three months....any cheese, tuna or anything else was just too rich for lack of a better word and just wouldn't go down. At about 3 months I became able to eat nuts so I started with sunflower seeds and then other nuts throughout the day. I was struggling terribly with drinking and hydration as just nothing tasted good. I found Grape Krush flavor packets to put in water and that along with the nuts throughout the day really helped me get in my protein and my fluids. Gradually I became able to eat other things and actually got to the point where I was eating 250 grams of protein a day.....now I have severe malabsorbtion and malnutrition as a result so I take creon until that gets better, but my body was telling me that I need more ...but I am an extreme exception and nowhere close to the rule.

Now since you are a revision you are going to probably take a little while longer but I am confident that like me you will gradually be able to eat more and one day you will look back and say no big deal....even though now I know you have those, "what the hell did I do and this will never get better" thoughts going through your head like most of us did.

BTW, I vomited several times when I tried to eat too much or the wrong thing...tomatoes came up as quick as they went down early on...now I can eat them without issues today (I can really eat anything now)....breading on fried foods was also a big issue and I can do that today as well although I don't really care for it all that much and take most of it off any food like that.

It sounds cliche but hang in there. Things do get better.

@DSRIGGS, Is the Welchol helping with the CREON?
Hello Hilary -

Yes the Welchol is helping. On occasion I still get a little burn but I don't want to take more than 2 times a day because it is hard to get all my vitamins in.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Latest posts

Back