How did you find out about Bariatric Facts?

I think I saw this page when I joined a FB group, but I feel like I also bounced here a few times when doing Google searches on various weight loss surgery things and decided to join. I like this forum for the knowledge that most seem to have about the various surgeries and the legality help that seems available for those that need assistane with appeals etc. I also am in a couple FB groups but for a different reason - primarily that I also like visual motivation/ inspiration and people post photos fequently there. This multimodal brain loves books, but sometimes you just wanna veg out and watch a few movies ya know? :alien::D

How did you learn about Bariatric Facts as a new source of information and support?

Were you contacted by a member?

Learned about us on FB?

Another WLS board, if so which one?

An internet search? Which search engine and what terms did you use to search?

And then:
What can you do to help promote and grow BF?

While we have had good growth so far, we need to keep going. The more active members, the more content, etc. the better.

We have some ideas for promoting the site but it would help us focus our efforts if we know how our current members found us.

I had found DS facts first or, obesity help, and had them all confused in the beginning. I had read a lot of what Diane wrote and it convinced me to get the DS. On one of my posts, I mentioned her and how helpful her stuff was. Soon after, Larra emailed me at that site and said many had moved here, including Diana. After that, I have been here and have been grateful for all the help and support ever since.

This is an infinitely better place than OH. The management is a lot more helpful and not as biased and nasty to people.

OH, unfortunately, seems to be a cesspool of willful ignorance... I am so glad I'm here!

@Larra messaged me at OH too. I had mistaken this board for another who was very hostile towards my planned surgeon over billing practices, so was 'thanks but no thanks'. Then I realised I had the two boards confused, and here I am!

Hostility is the name of the game at OH. Even the admin are nice here and helpful! So are the people. I have a very favorable view of the DS surgery thanks to the info and experiences shared on this board. I'm happy for the education.

I also had a bad surgeon experience and they tear you up and rip you up over there like they are paid by the surgeons' themselves.

I joined the Mexicalli bariatric center Facebook group and someone on that recommended this site. The rest is history!, they'll never get rid of me.

I found it through a search I was doing trying to find information about self pay surgeons, best I remember. I don't remember what search engine it was, probably google. That was too long ago, late last year. It seems like I typed in a search question and something from the forum here popped up and I followed the lead, then asked to join. At the same time I joined a couple of FB groups and even though I see some of the same faces here as the FB group I prefer this setting for learning.

Latest posts

Back