How did you find out about Bariatric Facts?

When I first started this 5 yrs ago, I found OH and vertical sleeve talk. I was active on both of those sites for a short time. Both were very active then. If there were any fb pages then, I sure didn't know about them.
When I started thinking about the revision I went back to OH but I couldn't remember what my username was then and when I tried to reset the password their instructions didn't work so I just created a whole new account.
It's not nearly as active there now as it was then.
@Larra sent me a PM and told me about this site.
I also found the proboards site and several fb pages.

I have no idea who's affiliated with who...or who's friends with or not friends with who....I'm just here. lol

I went back to OH but I couldn't remember what my username was then and when I tried to reset the password their instructions didn't work so I just created a whole new account.
It's not nearly as active there now as it was then.

they deserve to fade away into oblivion! :p

How did you learn about Bariatric Facts as a new source of information and support?
I heard about this website through a member.

Were you contacted by a member?
Yes, Larra referred me to the forums. I thank my lucky stars for listening and discovering a great resource of information and support.

Another WLS board, if so which one?
Obesity Help.

And then:
What can you do to help promote and grow BF?
I can help by providing contact information for the site on my FB page and spreading the word to certain people who are interested [in bariatric surgery] that I meet while living life. As I get closer to getting approval for surgery, I plan on being more active as my level of experience improves to be able to help others on the path too.

From Larra's PM to me on another site...she's a smart lady, or maybe I am the smart one for listening to her! Anyhoo, glad I listened...for once!:D

How did you learn about Bariatric Facts as a new source of information and support?

Learned about us on FB?

An internet search? Which search engine and what terms did you use to search?

And then:

While we have had good growth so far, we need to keep going. The more active members, the more content, etc. the better.

We have some ideas for promoting the site but it would help us focus our efforts if we know how our current members found us.
Google.

Learned about us on FB?

An internet search? Which search engine and what terms did you use to search?

And then:

While we have had good growth so far, we need to keep going. The more active members, the more content, etc. the better.

We have some ideas for promoting the site but it would help us focus our efforts if we know how our current members found us.

Given my entrance to the forums I'm not sure I want to name the member who invited me. Suffice to say, I was invited by a member from the OH forums, and I should have noted the warning signs that were freely given like " You may get kinder advice here (referring to the OH forums) but it's not always accurate" and "Buckle up for Candor". I have to admit that I'm glad that I was brought here, everyone has been very informative and I appreciate that you tolerated my early stubbornness.

What can I do to help promote and grow BF, Well my expertise is network/system administrator, I have run some very large online gaming groups numbering in the thousands, including websites, forums, online VOIP like TeamSpeak, mumble, and Ventrilo. I could volunteer a TeamSpeak server that my team is no longer using Address:ts22.gameservers.com:9310 this would allow members to hop on and talk to one another. It was supposed to be clan pay but Gameservers.com paid the entire thing through my card recently so the server is paid for the year. I could give the Forum admins Server Admin to the server if your interested and could modify the server to reflect Bariatric Facts. At the moment its setup for 10 members, but as the membership grows and those willing to use the clan pay donation feature it can be expanded as necessary.

I also noted that my doctors supposedly do the BPD according to their website, and they are not posted on the DSfacts website, nor are they mentioned anywhere on these forums that I have found, so my intention is to introduce this forum to my doctors, as they have seemed very open to working with me and Id like to see if they are open to what I have found, after all it was their requirement that I go and learn.

This is actually the third (and by far THE BEST) bariatric forum site I've found since deciding to pursue surgery this past November.

I found this site mentioned on BariatricPal while looking for information to defend my DS decision on the ThinnerTimes forum. Seems most members there are RNY or sleeved and don't understand the why or what involved in the DS.

I will say I'm glad I'm here and don't see a need to go anyplace else...

I was on the last board with everyone and when it became very dead around that place Diana in boxed me and told me that BariatricFacts.org would be up and running. So when it was up I got an invite and was gone like the Pilgrims. I was done with the tyranny!

Latest posts

Back