How 'bout...Concussion Syndrome to end the year?

Spiky Bugger

Banged my head really bad a couple of weeks ago.

Iced it.

Ignored it.

Now...some swelling and other shit. Google "Concussion Syndrome" or "Post -Concussion Syndrome."

This should entertain me until Tuesday, when I see the new urologist...and discuss ureteroscopy.

Any of you science geeks know how, if at all, post-concussion syndrome affects general anesthesia?

Buehler? @DianaCox @Larra and all the rest-a-ya's?

Back in April 2004, dh fell and whapped his elbow and head. Went to the doc, who was more worried about the elbow. Said the goose egg on his head was minor.

Now, looking back at everything he has endured related to memory, etc, that goose egg was NOT minor. His neurophysiologist who put him on medical retirement in 2009 looked back at his medical history and that goose egg seems the pivot point. It lead to his NPH among other things.

Basically it is a Traumatic Closed Head Injury. Hasn't affected his ability to handle general anesthesia.

Back in April 2004, dh fell and whapped his elbow and head. Went to the doc, who was more worried about the elbow. Said the goose egg on his head was minor.

Now, looking back at everything he has endured related to memory, etc, that goose egg was NOT minor. His neurophysiologist who put him on medical retirement in 2009 looked back at his medical history and that goose egg seems the pivot point. It lead to his NPH among other things.

Basically it is a Traumatic Closed Head Injury. Hasn't affected his ability to handle general anesthesia.
He leads the way, doesn't he?

Damn Sue. I had a concussion from being hit in the back/top of the head by a solid, heavy door when moving. It was 5 years ago. Since then I've had LOTS of general anesthesia. No ill effects attributable to the anesthesia.

Sorry you're dealing with a sore noggin!

Damn Sue. I had a concussion from being hit in the back/top of the head by a solid, heavy door when moving. It was 5 years ago. Since then I've had LOTS of general anesthesia. No ill effects attributable to the anesthesia.

Sorry you're dealing with a sore noggin!

Thanks, Becky! I was concerned that my usual goofiness might grow exponentially!

Latest posts

Back