1. Please review your surgery details found under your profile.
  2. We have many with MIA Avatars. If you are missing yours, please reload it. Use a browser you normally do not use to check. List is in Announcements: http://bariatricfacts.org/threads/missing-avatars.5131/

Hit a milestone-lost regain

Discussion in 'Duodenal Switch' started by LindaDarnell, Sep 5, 2017.

LindaDarnell

LindaDarnell Well-Known Member

4 1/2 months after converting my sleeve to a DS, I've lost the 35 pound regain I had after VSG. When I first had my VSG I lost 87 pounds in 18 months, but 24 months in, I started stalling and it was taking a lot of work to stave off the weight. Unfortunately, by 36 months in, I was regaining, and eventually picked up almost half of what I'd lost. And I never hit my initial goal of 150 pounds.
    Though I dont think I'll ever get to my initial goal even with the DS, I'm happy that Ive lost the regain. And I'm even happier that I have a "stronger" tool that can help me fight an uptick. I'm hoping to lose another 25 pounds, and if I do that would be awesome!!

southernlady

southernlady Administrator Staff Member

You should...the magic about the DS is that even years (or decades) later, regain can be lost just by getting back to DS basics!

LindaDarnell

@southernlady From your mouth to God's ears!!! I noticed that when I eat more and exercise moderately, the scale moves. If I eat less, it stalls. But I'm still struggling with the carbs. I could EASILY be down 50 pounds if I could just control my carbs better!!

JackieOnLine likes this.
    southernlady

southernlady Administrator Staff Member

Then switch your focus to eating more protein and fat. Eat often.

LindaDarnell likes this.
    Munchkin

Munchkin Full of Fairy Dust

Congratulations!!! Just keep going and lose the most you can!!!

LindaDarnell

Thank you!! Trying my hardest!!!!

Settledownnow

Settledownnow Well-Known Member

LindaDarnell

Thank you so much!

KathrynK

KathrynK Well-Known Member

Wonderful accomplishment! Don't doubt that you will reach your ultimate goal. DS can surprise you.

LindaDarnell likes this.
    galaxygrrl

galaxygrrl Well-Known Member

Congrats!!!! Great decision. Good for you for being proactive.

LindaDarnell likes this.
    jndrake

jndrake New Member

Hi, I have just recently hit the same type of milestone and it feels so good! I had VSG 3 1/2 years ago and lost 180 lbs during the fist 18 months . Then over the next 2 years I gained and lost the same 25-35 lbs over and over and over trying Keto, Atkins, Weight Watchers etc. I finally realized I needed more help and my surgeon suggested the DS. I had the DS 2 months ago and I am down over 30 lbs. I am finally seeing numbers lower than I got with the initial DS and it feels very exciting and promising all over again!

writegirl

writegirl Work in Progress

Congratulations! It's wonderful (as a relative DS newbie) to see the way the DS works its magic even for those in revision.

Hvyd37830 likes this.