Hi.

Sonja

I had a sleeve 02aug16. Highest weight 262. Sitting at 157 currently. I need to recommit to all the good habits. I've eaten to relieve stress lately and don't want to lose my grip on the situation. I feel like a drug addict or alcoholic who started using again. On the positive side, I do notice, greater self-awareness and some restraint that I didn't have in the past. My biggest obstacle is not being organized or having a plan/routine. Any suggestions are most welcome.

Hi!
I do think a routine makes a difference. For me, with the DS, it's vital to have a routine for my vitamins and minerals to make sure I get all I need every day. For you, a food routine will help. Maybe plan your day ahead, or even a couple days worth of meals ahead of time, write it down, and then stick to the plan.

Welcome Sonja.

Do you track your food with an app like MyFitnessPal? If not, that may help you get back on track and honest with yourself on what you’re consuming. And if you’ve been eating a lot of sugar, simple carbs, processed food,you may need to go cold turkey to curb cravings that have crept back in. Good luck!

Welcome! For me, it starts with shopping for food. If it doesn’t come into the house it is less likely to be eaten. That may work because I don’t eat out most days and my kids are grown. I try not to go into the bakery area or the aisle with cookies and candy. If I can commit during that 30 minutes., it helps throughout the week. I recognized my gateway foods (to use your addiction analogy) and that’s pasta and cookies. I let myself have more freedom with other things since I gave those up (as much as possible). Portion size is important if you can’t resist something. Be kind to yourself and proud that you have done so well!

Welcome! I also find the easiest way to do this is just don't buy the crap in the first place. And truly, no one needs it in the house!

Latest posts

Back