Hi!

This is what I created for my PCP for our first-ever meeting. I tried to be factual but not dramatic as I didn;t want to scare her in the first 60 seconds. I gave her this along with the sample lab order (all she did was stamp her name and address on it and xerox it 10 times.)

Attachments

• Duodenal Switch Explanation for Physician.pdf
    113.7 KB · Views: 10
I think preparing a letter for your pcp is a good idea. You wouldn't be the first, believe me. Docs are so busy anymore that most welcome the help. I would also recommend giving her an article from the medical literature about the DS - just one, overwhelming her with literature will result in her not reading any of it. If you send me a pm with your email address, I can provide a great article for you to pass on to her, and good reading for yourself as well. And if all this doesn't get her on board, at some point you will need a new pcp, but since you already know and like her it would be great if you can educate her and make a supporter of her. You never know, you may be helping future patients of hers as well.

@Larra could you possibly send me the article you mentioned in this post to pass on to my PCP as well? She hadn't even heard of the DS but I think she is willing to educate herself on it. I'd really like to stay with her post op but I'd like to know she knows enough about it to be able to care for me post op

Just thought I'd let yall know that I tweaked my letter a bit and PCP signed it without an issue. I'm taking her article on my last supervised diet visit at the end of this month. Then hopefully they'll submit to insurance super quickly and all will go well and I'll be on track to surgery super soon. That's my prayer any way.

Latest posts

Back