Hi everyone!

Chicken took me 4 or 5 months. I really hard a hard time with anything dense and it hurt. Now 7 months out, I can handle anything.

So, the other thing that worked for me was cheese. Melted cheese. I would get smoked Mozzarella from trader joes and just melt it and eat it. And fresh Mozzarella worked, it's so soft. I would mush it up and add olive oil and vinegar. Feta cheese mixed with yogurt and spices worked too.

Oh and the other thing that worked quickly for me was Tofu. Now I generally don't like Tofu, but I would go to a Japanese restaurant and get Agedashi tofu which is basiclly tofu tempura in sauce. It's very soft because of the sauce.

Within 6 weeks, I could do shrimp salad with lots of mayo. But, chicken, was so hard and so was beef. Pork was easier.

It was very hard at first and I always had a tough stomach. But, my tummy was really unhappy with me. I remember, I had an olive and I love olives and even with just putting it in my mouth and having the watering mouth from the olive upset my tummy.
Thank you! I may just have to try tofu tempura! I feel like I have no room to eat, but I'm starting to get hunger pains. Will definitely try the cheeses because I love cheese. Seafood was never my thing, and now just the smell makes me nauseated. Chicken and beef take me a few hours to eat.

Cheese for sure. It was a life saver and I don't like it that much. But, it really worked for me. Fresh Mozzarella is so awesome. I found recovery pretty hard. All the people who said, I was amazed me.

You know, food was very uninteresting for me for about 60 days. Then, alas it got interesting again. Very interesting unfortunately, but the scale is moving, so whatever.

Cheese for sure. It was a life saver and I don't like it that much. But, it really worked for me. Fresh Mozzarella is so awesome. I found recovery pretty hard. All the people who said, I was amazed me.

You know, food was very uninteresting for me for about 60 days. Then, alas it got interesting again. Very interesting unfortunately, but the scale is moving, so whatever.
Hopefully I'm halfway there and food will start getting interesting again. Glad the scale is moving for you again!

Hopefully I'm halfway there and food will start getting interesting again. Glad the scale is moving for you again!

Well, but tonight I was at ghirardelli square and i thought well, I'll get an ice cream sundae and just eat half. Well, that did not happen. I ate about 7/8's of it. So, the scale might not move in the morning. The nice thing about the DS is it forgiving.

It took me 4 full months to really feel like I could eat again. Enjoy not wanting food. It does not last forever. Leverage it while you can to get the pounds off.

I do not find any of the protein drinks delicious. Try to think about protein drinks as medicine rather than something tasty. In that way, you won't be disappointed! I currently use Jay Robb whey protein or egg protein. Jay Robb protein uses stevia as the sweetener, which I prefer. I add ice and a little mint extract and whip it up in a blender. Viola! My daily breakfast. It is not bad, but not delicious.

Robb uses Stevia? It used to have sugar alcohols. They changed?

Just checked his website. His stuff contains xylitol...a sugar alcohol. Darn...I was hoping for good news.

Aha. I use egg protein.
Can't handle any of the flavored protein powders or shakes at all! I buy the Jay Robb unflavored egg white protein powder and flavor it myself with whatever I feel like - typically a bit of Valrhona cocoa powder, cinnamon, and a tiny spoon of powdered Stevia, mixed with a bit of almond milk then the rest water in a shaker bottle. Lately I've been adding cold brewed coffee which makes a delicious mocha. I travel a lot so I mix up the dry stuff in snack-sized bags and stuff them into the shaker bottle in my luggage then mix with water in the hotel room in the morning. Works for me!

Latest posts

Back