Hi Everyone!

Welcome! there are several of his patients here. Make sure you discuss and make very clear that what you want is the standard of care, traditional DS with 2 anastomoses, not the experimental loop DS/aka SADI/aka SIPS. if you are not familiar with the difference, there is a lot of info on this website about it that you can do a search for.

Hi everyone! My name is Cheryl and I live in Federal Way, WA. I am having the Duodenal Switch done in less 13 days! My surgeon is Dr. Srikanth from Center of Weightloss Surgery in Federal Way, WA. I am both excited and terrified, but I'm ready! :)
Welcome @chemrie!

Welcome! Make sure you get the DS from Dr. Srikanth or just make the choice you are getting the SADI's and understand the difference between the SADI's and DS.

I'm so happy for you. I love my DS and don't miss 85 pounds I lost in the last 6 months. Make sure to reach out to Duckman who is having the DS with Dr. Srikanth around the same time as you are. @Duckman for the tag.

Cheers,

Beth

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! I originally was dead set on just wanting the sleeve, until he convinced me the SADI would be best for me. My insurance (Aetna) stopped approving SADI the beginning of this year saying it's "experimental". I'm actually very happy that happened. I have a few friends who have gotten the SADI from Dr. Srikanth and love it... but once I was given the news I couldn't have that surgery... I started to do more research and I feel far more comfortable getting the DS. I've joined a few DS FB groups and have been learning as much as I can. I'm ready to go!

Hello and welcome. The DS is absolutely the way to go.

BTW, your surgeon is one of these guys who tries to send patients home same day. That is effing insane so please don't let them do it to you. Personally I think 3 nights should be minimum , but definitely need one so you can make sure pain is controlled, no leaks and the longer you can get IV fluids the better. Many of us could not eat or drink much of anything after surgery for a while and getting ahead on IV fluids is a big plus.

If he tries to send you home the day of the surgery complain loudly that your pain is not controlled and that you are in too much pain to go home. They should keep you and this will buy you some much needed observation and recovery time.

Best wishes for a complication free procedure and smooth recovery.

Hi everyone! My name is Cheryl and I live in Federal Way, WA. I am having the Duodenal Switch done in less 13 days! My surgeon is Dr. Srikanth from Center of Weightloss Surgery in Federal Way, WA. I am both excited and terrified, but I'm ready! :)
So very excited for you!!!

Latest posts

Back