Hi everyone! I’m 3 months post-op DS

Reading this was exactly what I needed to hear. I THINK I’m past the crying/buyer’s remorse phase, but I still seem to get moody and irritable sometimes, have more acne than usual, random spotting when my period’s not due (sorry if that’s TMI). I didn’t know if my hormones are still kind of out of whack? I guess I thought by 3 months out that my body would have figured things out, so I wondered if that’s normal. I feel like I did when I was pregnant in that I read everything I could find to prepare myself for parenthood, but once my kiddo was here, I forgot everything! lol Same thing with the surgery!

It takes longer than three months. Really it does and remember, your body is losing weight too, tons of changes. I did not have acne, but I had this itchy back thing and nothing made my back stop itching. Then, one day it stopped.

Personally, I though the first 3 months were hell, the next three were better, but not great. It was a full 7 months before I was like, well I got this and it's getting better, and 13 months before I was really myself.

Now, 20 months later: BEST THING I EVER DID. Happy, skinny, and life is so much better.

hang in there.

I'm really glad to hear others had trouble with the first few months and that things get better. I'm almost a month out and still exhausted. Eating is hard. Taste aversions abound. I definitely see the value in the 30/60/90 g by 30/60/90 days thing now!

I'm really glad to hear others had trouble with the first few months and that things get better. I'm almost a month out and still exhausted. Eating is hard. Taste aversions abound. I definitely see the value in the 30/60/90 g by 30/60/90 days thing now!
I had so many issues with foods, smells, textures. I still can't eat grilled chicken which is a favorite. It does get better. Not quiet at 3 months out and I feel like myself again. Energy is finally coming back and I can actually resume my previous activities. (which are not a lot! LOL)

Latest posts

Back