Hi, anyone from Maryland?

CartoonSky

Hi, new to the group.... been looking into revision. Anyone here from Maryland and had revision Yet??? I had open Rny 1/2006, regained a lot since I had cancer, I've been reading a lot on revision, Just trying to find a doctor in my state that does it..... I found 2 and have sent in paper work and so on. I have to do that before I can even see him. So If anyone from here lives in Maryland any info would be great. Thanks

Hi and welcome!
We are seeing more and more people who want revisions all the time. RNY to DS revision is the most complex bariatric surgery being done, and only a few surgeons do it. I don't know whether or not Dr. Elariny in VA does this - he definitely does the DS I'm just not sure about RNY to DS revision. He has a good reputation. Dr. Greenbaum in NJ does RNY to DS on a selective basis. Dr. Roslin in NYC does them, you just have to make sure to specify DS and not SIPS, as he is promoting SIPS these days and it is not the same as a DS. Those are the closest to you that I can think of, maybe someone else will think of someone else.

Revising RNY to DS involves completely undoing and reversing the RNY back to normal anatomy and then doing the whole DS. It's a big operation with significant risk, but considered the best revision from an RNY that has either not provided adequate weight loss, or with significant weight regain, or with failure to resolve major comorbidities. I hope you are able to get to the right surgeon to help you.

Latest posts

Back