Hey! I'm a newbie

Regarding hair loss. I am a lightweight, had only 68 lbs to lose to reach normal BMI. My common channel is 175 agreed to between my surgeon and I. (Only way he would do a DS on a lightweight of my BMI and travel was not optional).

I still lost hair. Every time I've had surgery, I've lost some. Read this thread: http://bariatricfacts.org/threads/omg-my-hair-is-falling-out.150/

Hey Everyone, I just wanted to let you know that I am seeing my Dr. this Thursday and will make sure I get the original DS. I wanted to thank you for all the great advice to help me see this because I had no idea!

Let us know how your session with him goes. I so hope he is open to providing you with an appropriate common channel. But if not, don't be afraid to change your plans. If that means a bit of a delay to get to a different surgeon who does the DS right, it's worth it.

If he initially says no, it will take nerves of steel to look your surgeon in the eye and say "I insist on getting the standard of care DS, not an experimental procedure." He may relent. Regardless I'm sending you buckets of strength to wrangle this!!!

Latest posts

Back