Hey all, new here to their site

Ah I totally understand. Thats my secret fear. Whenever I fall in to that hole I remind myself that without the surgery I could die too. It helps, but the fear is still there.
Had the surgery. There is only a 1% chance of such problems. Viewing that fact, I am glad that I went with the company I did. Their team has done over 6000 surgeries. Great record. So worth having lost the 160 lbs.

Had the surgery. There is only a 1% chance of such problems. Viewing that fact, I am glad that I went with the company I did. Their team has done over 6000 surgeries. Great record. So worth having lost the 160 lbs.

Congrats! Those are good odds. I'm pretty confident in my surgeon as well. Hes only lost 1 patient. And that was an older man with severe sleep apnea whose machine malfunctioned after he went home. He won't let patients with sleep apnea leave the hospital now unless they have someone who knows how to work the machine stay with them. Still, there is that little fear lol.

I'm scared shitless that they're going to put me to sleep and I'll never wake up, just gone. I've read on a few other sites how "difficult" this surgery is and that's why so few doctors perform it and that's made me think I won't survive it. I keep trying to tell myself that I "only" have high blood pressure and sleep apnea so even though I'm a fatty fat fat, I can survive this. I keep reminding myself that my surgeon's mortality rate is 0.1% and I'm gonna make it but I'm pretty terrified. Allllmost terrified enough to say forget it. lol
Easier said than done but don't worry. It is a technically difficult procedure, and I am told especially dividing the doudenum and reconnecting it to small intestine, but it isn't all that difficult beyond that. Anesthesia will be monitoring you closely so no worries.

Easier said than done but don't worry. It is a technically difficult procedure, and I am told especially dividing the doudenum and reconnecting it to small intestine, but it isn't all that difficult beyond that. Anesthesia will be monitoring you closely so no worries.

Thank you for this. I really do appreciate it. I will keep reading these encouragements when I get especially anxious.

Latest posts

Back