Hey all, new here to their site

Snowbutterfly

Hi all, Im new here so thought I'd intro myself. Im a 30 yo female. I had them vsg done in 2014. I lost a total of 110lbs. A mix of mechanical failure (pouch enlarged and looks like an hourglass) and stress leading to poor food choices and I've gained back nearly all I lost. I have several medical conditions that would be greatly improved with sustained weight loss. So when my surgeon offered to perform their DS I jumped on it. I was approved by insurance in a day and am scheduled for may 2nd. I'm nervous and excited.

Last edited:
Welcome. We don't sugar coat things here, but we don't bite. I can almost guarantee that you'll learn more here than any other forum.

Sounds good to me! I was emailed by someone from another forum who suggested this one would be more informative. I use google to its fullest and research anything i might want to know. Because of that i tend to ask out of the norm questions (with them exception of a few "experience" questions). I don't require sugar coating, but intelligent, researched answers will be nice.

Welcome! I'm also a VSG to DS person. I had mine done in 2014 and will have the DS on 4/18/17. There is so much good info here.

Welcome! I'm also a VSG to DS person. I had mine done in 2014 and will have the DS on 4/18/17. There is so much good info here.

Good to know. I was struggling to find any up to date DS forums.
Funny, I was offered 4/17/17 for my revision but decided may would be better for work. You will have to tell me all about your experience as soon as ur well enough post op.
Are u being resleeved as well or just adding the DS portion?

Good to know. I was struggling to find any up to date DS forums.
Funny, I was offered 4/17/17 for my revision but decided may would be better for work. You will have to tell me all about your experience as soon as ur well enough post op.
Are u being resleeved as well or just adding the DS portion?

My doctor is doing my endoscopy on 4/13, so I won't know until then whether or not he will recommend re-sleeving. Are you nervous? I'm scared shitless, lol.

My doctor is doing my endoscopy on 4/13, so I won't know until then whether or not he will recommend re-sleeving. Are you nervous? I'm scared shitless, lol.

Very!! I'm more nervous for this surgery then I was for the sleeve. Maybe it's the whole intestines malabsorption and the worry of screwing up? Or Maybe it's the intense fear of failure... again. These forums are awesome tho. Its reassuring to hear from so many long term vets how they would happily do over again. One thing I notice is that the happy, successful ones stress vitamin and protein adherence. I'm taking that advice and using this month to do all my vitamin and protein research/shopping.
What are your biggest fears?

Congratulations I'm glad you didn't have to bribe them with your first born to get the surgery you need approved! It won't be long now!

Welcome @Snowbutterfly
Just for clarity, the VSG is not a pouch. It is a Sleeve. The DS also has the sleeve. Reason why it is not a pouch is that you still retain your pyloric valve. A pouch has a human made stoma.

Hi and welcome! you will find a lot of good info here. We are seeing more and more people looking into revision all the time.

Welcome @Snowbutterfly
Just for clarity, the VSG is not a pouch. It is a Sleeve. The DS also has the sleeve. Reason why it is not a pouch is that you still retain your pyloric valve. A pouch has a human made stoma.

Oh no! Did I use the phrasing pouch? That's so weird. Normally I only use the term sleeve. In reference to my vsg or inpending ds. My apologies for any misleading wording. I've got a nasty head cold that has me really messing up my typing. I assure you I do understand the different anatomies of the various bariatric surgeries. Thank u for clarifying for everyone. I'd hate to be the source of confusion

Hi and welcome! you will find a lot of good info here. We are seeing more and more people looking into revision all the time.

Thank you! Yeah, as I've been reading the forums I've noticed that too. I'm grateful there is a revision to help tho!

Latest posts

Back