Help with reading lab trends please

Amey

Can I get some Vet advice on my latest labs? I'm posting my spreadsheet with my trends. Surgery date is the 10th so it's kind of late to change much. My PTH and K1 both came waaaayyyy down so I'm really happy about that. However, my Ferritin is confusing me.....it went down, but my Iron and Saturation are both good. Does this mean it's going in the right direction or no? I'm currently taking 2 Proferrin ES each day, separated by 12 hours.

Attachments

• Labs Results & Trends.xlsx - labs (2).pdf
    34.8 KB · Views: 4
Okay, B12 is slipping...add it at least 3 times a week. (yes, it is in normal range but as close to 1000 as possible)
Ferritin is your savings account to your iron. You need to add a third proferrin/or elemental or carbonyl iron or even try for infusions. Keep this at 50 or above.
Your PTH is headed in the correct direction.

You are still preop to the DS, correct? Then having your current lipid panel will show you how well it works later. I actually stopped my lipitor 3 months prior to mine so I could see what it was without help. I wanted to see what the DS did for it.

Thank you! Yes... I am 10 days from surgery. I'll do an extra B12 shot this week. I got off track the month before my labs and some weeks I only remembered to do one shot. I see now how important it is to keep setting my reminders and phone alarms.

I think I'm going to start using Ferrofood for Iron... It's still Heme Iron but for the same cost I can take 3 a day instead of 2. My insurance won't go for infusions I'm in the teens for ferritin.

My pre-op instructions say to stop all herbal supplements and non prescription meds 5 days before surgery. That makes me nervous..... I am at the point where if I forget my vitamins I feel like I need to go back home to get them..... It's like forgetting my phone lol.

And yes... I'm really looking forward to seeing my triglycerides change. I'm so glad I got this last set of labs when I did.

Latest posts

Back