Hello

Renee Roberson

Hello All,
I am currently in pre-op mode. I have been to the seminar and my consultation. I've done my blood work and now I have to schedule an appointment for the dietician and the psych eval. Once that's done, I should have a date for the surgery. I am trying to read up about the surgery and what happens before, during and after the surgery. There is still so much to learn. I just found out that there is a possibility for hair loss. Some people experience extreme and others not as much. What has everyone else experienced so far? Has anyone experience leakage? That's one thing that really has me worried, but I think as long as I follow the plan that the surgeon gives me I should be fine. Does anyone have any suggestions on vitamins? I cannot take pills, they tend to make me extremely nauseated.

Any advice or experiences would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you for taking the time to read.

Renee

Welcome Renee!

I have experienced hair loss. It's a common side effect of anesthesia. I'm currently 9 months out and very frustrated with it. However, I did some things that I wouldn't suggest that I think made my hair loss worse. If you can stand it, DONT color your hair after surgery. I'm a stylist, and I should have known better. But I just had to be super, super blonde

If you do color your hair, I would suggest using only demi permanent color for your first year, to minimize adverse effects.

As far as leakage, I have dealt with that as well. But again, this was more due to my own mistakes, and is not something that is day to day for me. I've had three "accidents", two of which were thankfully in my own home, haha. Every time it's happened, it's because I consumed waaaaay too much fat. I don't have problems with high fat days any more, but when you're still in your first few months, you might have a hard time with fat at first. Many of us have to add it in gradually.

Latest posts

Back