Hello!

Truth! thanks! I want to never use the word diet again :)

Well, you might not use the word diet again, but you do need to be somewhat careful after the DS. What a wise person said to me is that pre DS, you can't control your weight or what you eat, after the DS, you can control it a lot more, but you still need to work on it a bit. The difference is that it's doable.

I would like - and I could 9 months out - eat a pint of Ben and Jerrys every day. Ice cream goes down smoothly. I would like to have fresh squeezed OJ everyday, and I would like pancakes for breakfast everyday. I don't have those things - well, I have a scoop of ice cream a lot - but I can control it. And when I have ice cream, I get a small, kids size scoop and it satifies me. I don't bring things I want binge on and that are bad for me in the house. I buy smaller portions, etc.

What is different is I can do everything now and it works, before, it was so hard. Now, it's a little bit of work, but i can do it. The tricks I learned from weight watchers and every other diet program I've been on work now - before it felt like I was clawing up a wall and it was never going to work and now, I walk up a hill to get to where I'm going. It's still harder for me than others, but it's doable.

The nice thing about the DS is it's forgiving. I have made mistakes, like eat a whole piece of big chocolate cake which must have been over 1000 calories and other mistakes like that. And it's been OK.

All that said, I'm so happy i did this!!!!!

Hello and welcome @juliebird4828 . First, thanks for dedicating your career to patient health and safety. Nurses are the best! Second, DS, hands down, was one of the best decisions of my life. :) Best wishes!

Latest posts

Back