Hello

danadear

I'm Dana from S.C. I had my DS surgery in December of 2009 by Dr. Husted.
I'm 47 and female. I started out at 324 and today I am 154. I've already recognized a few faces here that I remember from OHforum. I went there looking to catch up with people and to my dismay the boards had been mostly abandoned. Thanks to a sweet girl named Larra who directed me here. I really have been feeling kinda down today so I was happy to have found such a flourishing site!

Hey Dana! Yes, some familiar faces here, and a lot of great new people as well. There is already a lot of info stashed here on vitamins and other nutritional issues, but ask questions if you don't find the answers you need.

Aha! The backstage peeps have seen you on some of the FB groups, and have been trying to figure out if Husted was now operating out of SC. That you are many years out from a Husted surgery (back when he was a good surgeon) makes more sense! Welcome!

Welcome! You'll find motivation, information, humor and conversation here. And, 'buckle up for candor" isn't just a tag line!

On second thought, maybe you had surgery with Husted AFTER he started going off the rails? Do you have your op report? Can you get it and post it? Do you know exactly what surgery you had?

On second thought, maybe you had surgery with Husted AFTER he started going off the rails? Do you have your op report? Can you get it and post it? Do you know exactly what surgery you had?

I called for my records yesterday and they are sending me a release form to sign and send back. I had them at one time but have had a house fire since. I know with 100% certainty that I should have got a DS but my gastro doc seems to believe that what I got is different than a DS. After my endoscopy he says he is still trying to figure out what the surgeon had done. I go back to him for follow-up on the 9th and I plan on asking him a lot more questions about his comments.

@danadear where in SC? Reason I ask is that I know if one upstate Bariatric surgeon who is familiar with the DS (Hess method and all) but has chosen to not do it in his practice. He's solo now at the Bariatric practice at Spartanburg Regional and has chosen to concentrate on RNY and VSG. Esp the VSG as he calls them the least intensive of all the follow up care.

@danadear where in SC? Reason I ask is that I know if one upstate Bariatric surgeon who is familiar with the DS (Hess method and all) but has chosen to not do it in his practice. He's solo now at the Bariatric practice at Spartanburg Regional and has chosen to concentrate on RNY and VSG. Esp the VSG as he calls them the least intensive of all the follow up care.

I'm in York SC. Actually closer to the NC line near Charlotte NC.

Latest posts

Back