Hello!!

Caitlunn

Hi everyone! I've been lurking around the forums for a while, and decided it was time to introduce myself. I'm so glad to have found this wonderful resource you all have created!

I'm a pre-op DS, and am hoping my surgery will be scheduled right around early May. I should know for sure in about 1-2 weeks. I started the pre op journey about two years ago, but it all got put on hold after I took a job that had me constantly traveling. Now that I've settled down a bit, I've been able to complete the 6 months of physician monitored weight loss, in which I've lost MAYBE a total of five pounds. It's pretty surreal that I've come this far, I've wanted to do this for such a long time!

My surgeon is Dr Kemmeter at GHP in Grand Rapids, MI. At 25 years old, I am his youngest DS patient!!

Hi and welcome! Dr. Kemmeter has an excellent reputation. Just make sure he's still doing the standard of care DS and NOT loop Ds/aka SADI/aka SIPS and you'll be fine.

@Larra thanks for the advice! He did my step mothers DS a few years ago (07, I think) and she was his second DSer of all time. I'm pretty lucky to have her support (and her medical insurance, for now). From what I gather, he's learned A LOT about the procedure since he did hers--he admits that he wouldn't ever do a CC as short as hers is ever again. I'm not totally sure how long hers is, though her malabsorption isn't terrible, at least looking from the outside.

I've seen the whole "experimental surgery" thing going around here...I had no idea! Unfortunately, I didn't learn about it until I had already met with him the first time, but I'm looking forward to having a buuunch of questions to ask him.

Latest posts

Back