HELLO!

Hello! I have recently started my journey which it started out horribly!

I am 39 yrs old and I have been researching the sleeve vs bypass -

I want to live again and be able to chase the grandkids around and hike the trails with my husband.

Well I met with Dr Kim's office and was so discouraged I was ready to give up, but now I am going to see another dr.. Dr K's office told me that I needed sleeve and it would help me and less risks than a bypass.. I left that apt in tears and ready to give up..

Do you know anything about stowers? I dont know if Ayoola was on my ins... I will check

K's office was horrible, they wouldnt even talk about my ins just wanted me to commit to paying 13k cash

Take a deep, deep breath. I had bad experiences with Drs. starting out. Mean, rude, etc. What I found out is Drs sell the surgery they want to do, not what you need. I left Dr Jossart's group in tears and then an office visit in tears.

Then, I found a Dr I wanted to work with. I don't know the Drs. in TX, but others do. Use this board for advice. It's your body and your choice. And make sure to look at the DS.

Thank you so much for that!

Just breath and keep pushing. It will be OK and you will be running with your grand babies in no time. Just find the right surgery and a surgeon that will work for you. We will help. Keep asking questions!!! We want to help and you will get support here.

Last edited:
Hi and welcome! So sorry about the bad experience, but this will prove to be a blessing in disguise (a very good disguise, but still, a blessing).
Do your research about ALL your surgical options. This site has a lot of excellent info about the DS, and many very happy post-ops with the DS, as well as a fair number of people who had other operations and ended up revising to the DS because of poor results, nasty side effects, or both. Revisions are no fun, so it's best to get it right the first time.
Dr. Ayoola has an excellent reputation. Hopefully you insurance will cover him, but even if not, stick up for yourself and don't stay with any surgeon who doesn't treat you with respect. And always remember, you are the one who will live with the results of your operation, not the surgery, so it has to be your decision.

Hello and welcome. I am so glad you found this site before having surgery. That way, you can research all your options and benefit from the experiences people have had here with both their surgeries and the surgeons who performed them.

Latest posts

Back