Hello!

My name is Hannah and I am almost 1 week post op. I found out a few days ago that my surgeon did a SADI Loop on me instead of the DS that we had talked about in appointments. Trying to find the support that is needed when doing procedures like this. Most family and friends don't understand anything :)

My name is Hannah and I am almost 1 week post op. I found out a few days ago that my surgeon did a SADI Loop on me instead of the DS that we had talked about in appointments. Trying to find the support that is needed when doing procedures like this. Most family and friends don't understand anything :)
I am sorry to hear that. Who did the surgery?

I would be getting an attorney because that is not an ethical thing to do somebody and I am assuming malpractice as it is not reasonable to to expect a different procedure than you signed for to be performed on you.

BTW, you found the right place for support (emotional, medical and legal knowledge).

Hannah, I am so sorry to hear about what happened to you. I would feel betrayed and violated. We're here for you, and there are some very smart folks on this site who can help you plan your next steps when you are ready.

I am sorry to hear that. Who did the surgery?

I would be getting an attorney because that is not an ethical thing to do somebody and I am assuming malpractice as it is not reasonable to to expect a different procedure than you signed for to be performed on you.

BTW, you found the right place for support (emotional, medical and legal knowledge).

Thank you!!
I had surgery last week from Dr Cottam in Salt Lake City. I didn't find anything out until after I requested my Op report and read through it. I am getting all of my other paperwork from the clinic and hospital and then finding an attorney. Its just scary because I had not researched this procedure and know nothing of it until now.

Hannah, I am so sorry to hear about what happened to you. I would feel betrayed and violated. We're here for you, and there are some very smart folks on this site who can help you plan your next steps when you are ready.

I was directed here by some informative people :)
Im happy to have found others that are dealing with the same things that I am.
Thank you!!!

I have no words how can a dr be.so arrogant to give a patient anything other than what they agreed upon. Hopefully you will have some type of way to hold him accountable. DID ins. Pay for the DS and u got SADI. IM sorry this happened to you

Welcome @Mrsanderson801 ! The SADI may very well work out for you, but I would also be contacting an attorney about the fact that you were not informed. It's not ok to do that to people, whatever surgical procedure it is. You have found the right place for info and support, though!
Which is exactly what I'm most upset about! Don't talk to me about one procedure and then do another!

I have no words how can a dr be.so arrogant to give a patient anything other than what they agreed upon. Hopefully you will have some type of way to hold him accountable. DID ins. Pay for the DS and u got SADI. IM sorry this happened to you

As of right now, they billed my insurance for a DS. So we will see what happens!

I am sorry that this is the way you had to start out with your bariatric surgery! I hope you are successful with losing all the weight you need to and maintaining that loss. I also hope you kick that Dr.s ass!

Good insurance will DEFINITELY hold their feet to the fire. im just amazed. That's like I go for a tummy tuck l and I wake up and they took my right breast off because the dr didn't like the shape. Both cases dr did what he wanted Wtf his behavior is so egregious I don't know how he feels its ok. Since he gave you what he wanted I'd insist that he pay for the surgery that he wanted and gave you.

Latest posts

Back