Hello!

Jen-2

Hello! I'm Jen from Pennsylvania. I'm pre-op halfway through completing my 6 months of requirements before submitting to insurance for approval.

The surgeon I had my initial consultation with only does the RNY and VSG and is recommending the RNY procedure for me. My sister had the RNY with him nearly 3 years ago and is thus far happy with her outcome. She told me about the OH site which I recently joined. Once there I discovered the option of the DS surgery and have been researching both the DS and RNY. From all that I've read, I think I'd like to pursue the DS.

In response to a thread I posted on OH, Larra PM'd me telling me about this site. I've been reading the DS forum all day today. It's been very informative and I love the humor and candor. Thank you for directing me here, Larra!

I'm 42, married and have 4 beautiful daughters (ages 15, 12, 9 and 6). CW: 212, H: 5'4" (5'5" on a good day. Depends who measures me)

I look forward to being a part of this community.

Hi Jen and welcome here, I’m Rob. Holy Frijole!, Four girls! I have one, I’m a pre-op also. Yup….our Larra is the one that “plucked” me away from over there too about 6 months ago! She is one of our Angels! Most all of the hardcore experts, veterans are over here. Regarding WLS, coming to this site is one of the best things that could have happened to me because now I am empowered with the information I need to make true informed decisions.
My best wishes to you and please look, listen and learn!

Hi and welcome!
I think it's sad that so many people have bariatric surgery without even knowing all the standard of care options that exist. Whatever someone decides, it should be a fully informed decision, and that can't happen when someone isn't informed of all the recognized (i.e. not experimental) choices. So do all your research and once you make your decision don't let any obstacles stop you.

Hi and welcome!
I think it's sad that so many people have bariatric surgery without even knowing all the standard of care options that exist. Whatever someone decides, it should be a fully informed decision, and that can't happen when someone isn't informed of all the recognized (i.e. not experimental) choices. So do all your research and once you make your decision don't let any obstacles stop you.

damn straight!

Latest posts

Back