Hello! Y'All!

GrammyLuLu

I just wanted to pop in and introduce myself to Y'All!
I had my RNY in 2003 lost a total of 130 lbs give or take. Kept it off for about 4-5 years when the weight began creeping back up. I looked at a revision in 2009 and again in 2011 with a surgeon who I did not care for as a person but respected his knowledge and expertise. When I left his office in tears that was the last time I even really thought about a revision. Fast forward to today I have regained all weight lost, and have dieted up and down and up again about a million times over the last 6 years. I think in total I have probably lost and gained a gazillion pounds over my life time. The surgeon I worked with last wanted to do a distal RNY and thank goodness I trusted my intuition and never returned to him.
For about the last 4-6 weeks I have been researching revision options and RNY to DS revision surgeons. I know that a true DS is the only long term option for me I dont want to have to do this yet again. I have talked to one surgeon briefly because the phones were on the fritz and he just happened to answer my call! LOL! I have talked to several surgeons patient/client managers and have looked at every DS surgeons websites I can find. I am self pay because I have TriCare and know there is not a snowball chance in hell they will pay for the revision. I am looking at several surgeons and what options I have available to me. I have not determined which DR I will go with just yet, I have a big decision to make and want to make the best educated one I can. I do have it narrowed down to 2 drs. I have emailed 2 amazing women from this forum who have been so amazing to help someone they have never even met. I know this is a long post but HELLO!!

Hi and welcome! Great to see you posting here. This is the best informed group of DS'ers you will find anywhere, and good people, too.

Welcome--you're in the right place to get information and excellent advice on the DS. Good luck with the surgeon search and decision!

Latest posts

Back