Hello- Surgery scheduled and soooo excited!

Onelastshot

I was directed to this site in August by my sister as I was in the final stages of an external review for RNY. I had a lap band removed in 2009 due to complications and my insurance company was pulling the "once in a lifetime" routine. Long story short, THANK GOD my insurance company did not approve me right away. I never would have found you all and learned how wrong RNY would have been for me! With the help of Diana and Larra, I won my external review. I researched some more, switched surgeons, and reapplied for the DS. Approval granted, surgery originally scheduled for Dec 28th.

Fast forward to late December when I got a phone call from my endocrinologist that my thyroid was off the charts. He informed me he was calling my surgeon and having him cancel the procedure bc he feared I would stroke out on the table. Sigh...

Happy to say that my body rebounded, thyroid is closer to normal, and I am good to go for surgery on the 22nd of this month. It will be a long road, but one I am ready to start.

I find myself so full of hope I can barely hold a thought in my head. I can't wait to get back to real life! I miss being an athlete... I want to do mud-runs, Spartan races, find a masters swim team, and start running with my boys. I can't wait to have energy and sleep soundly, build sand castles with my boys and take them on hikes, and on roller coasters and, and, and.... LIVE. <3

Glad you are moving forward after that bump in the road. Hard to argue with a malfunctioning thyroid! Your new and improved date will be here before you know it.

Thanks...added to the calendar. I needed the state for the time zone.

@southernlady , Can you edit my surgery date? I cannot believe this, but Greenbaum changed it AGAIN! First was for December 28th, but my thyroid was bad so it was postponed. THEN it was March 1st but he failed to communicate that to his schedulers and it was booked by the time they caught the error. THEN it was Feb 22nd but he just got notice he will be in court, so NOW it is Friday, Feb 17th (a week from today). Whew!

I am trying really, really hard to maintain my mellow. The crazy superstitious Greek in me is getting paranoid that when a procedure gets moved this many times, God is trying to tell me something. Trying not to go to crazy town.

Latest posts

Back