Hello - Longtime Lurker

RainCity

Hello!

I recently joined BF but have been reading posts on this site for almost a year. I had Mini Gastric Bypass surgery in Tijuana 6+ months ago because my insurance doesn’t cover WLS. I initially inquired about VSG but my MX surgeon did not recommend it because of my prior history of GERD and esophagitis. I’m very happy with my results but don’t want to lose anymore weight. I started my journey a year ago and lost a bit of weight pre-surgery, which is why I’ve already reached goal; plus I was a lightweight to begin with, with a number of co-morbidities that have since resolved.

I find the info on this site top notch. Even though most people have had DS surgery, a lot of your guidance is applicable to me. Thanks!

Good morning can you tell us a little bit about how much Weighed and how much you've lost? in what time frame? I've never really known anyone got any bypass. Glad you found us

To be more accurate, I had One Anastomosis Gastric Bypass (OAGBP) surgery, which is a modified version of MGB and is more common outside of the US.

Good morning can you tell us a little bit about how much Weighed and how much you've lost? in what time frame? I've never really known anyone got any bypass. Glad you found us

Weighed 217 lbs and have lost 88 lbs in 11 months.

Issues resolved: sleep apnea, migraines, asthma, joint pain, high cholesterol and blood pressure.

Congratulations! Almost all WLS has some degree of regain when your body adapts and starts absorbing more. It just happens. I tell everyone to get to 10% BELOW where they want to be so they will be OK when they find some of those pounds they lost. Since you are only 6 months postop chances are you will lose more.

There are ways to slow down the loss. You can add in more calories or you can consider enzymes that help you absorb more from what you eat. The most common ones are creon and viokase.

How tall are you and what is your BMI?

I’m 5’7” and my BMI is 20.

Thanks for your suggestions on how to slow down weight loss. I’ve read a lot about weight bounce/regain, especially for GB patients a few years post-op, but I’m a ways away from that point so need to do what’s right right now.

Weighed 217 lbs and have lost 88 lbs in 11 months.

Issues resolved: sleep apnea, migraines, asthma, joint pain, high cholesterol and blood pressure.

I also have family history of obesity, which my mom and twin sister currently suffer from (worse than my worst), type 2 diabetes, heart disease, autoimmune diseases, lots of arthritis, cancer, and Alzheimer’s. So I knew I needed to get my weight under control in order to reverse/lessen some of my health problems that were getting worse year after year, and to not suffer the longterm issues that my relatives have.

Latest posts

Back