Hello. I am glad I found you all.

Holli sherman

Hello, I found this site a while ago when I was looking to have help with Revisions from Lap Band to RNY. I have since visited 2 other surgeons and studied more up from the advice I received from a lady named Dianne who is on here.
I am super excited to say I went to Dr. Ayoola in Denton about 2 weeks ago and spoke to him about all my options. Sleeve, RNY, and DS from Lapband removal. With my weight, BMI he suggested the most bang for my buck would be the DS since I would loose all my gained weight and be able to keep it off. He was the nicest man and doctor on the planet that I have ever visited with that had as much of a reputation as he has. I told him he is famous on the internet and became highly recommended. He smiled and laughed a little. Anyway because I found this page I was able to go get in early since someone canceled an appointment and see the Famous Dr. and he will be preforming my DS hopefully soon i just have a stress stess left. I am a cash pay and I am fine with that. I would pay this money on a funeral for myself if I don't do something quick because I am heading there really fast. I just pray I can get the rest of my testing done quick enough to get this surgery scheduled. Cause I am tired of being in so much pain. Again Thanks so much ladies. I appreciate the concern and referrals.

Well, hi there! Glad to see you here, and IMHO you are making a great decision for your health and quality of life.

You asked me, elsewhere so to speak, about the issue of open discussion of different surgeons. The other website (which we don't name here because they won't let us name this website there) is privately owned and accepts advertising, and they can, and do, remove stuff and even remove people who post things that might upset their advertisers. Legally, they can do this because they are the owners, and that advertising does allow us to read and post there for free. This wonderful website does not have advertising and while we do have rules here, the discussion can be more free and open here.

So I have to get a stress test that is chemically induced because I can't walk on a treadmill due to my knees. They are so bad I am almost crippled due to the bone on bone in my inner knees. I had one about 2016 and he said something came up that led him to believe I had a blockage. Is this going to stop my surgery if I have a blockage? Like I can't get medical clearance. I am kind of nervous. I also have my blood drawn that day too before the stress test. SO I can knock 2 things out at once. Then that is it. Hopefully a date in August.
I need to start a diet. I hate that word. I hate to even think about it. I seem to get more hungry when I go on a diet. I want to eat so much more.
I do not have to do a liquid diet. But I do need to get a few pounds down to shrink the liver.

Welcome.

I have felt your pain. My left knee was bone-on-bone and I have had to have the chemical stress test. I have a "bionic" left knee. So far my right knee is not painful.

Just my humble opinion, but the people here are the greatest.

Hi and welcome Holli sherman ! Looks like you've done your research and have a great future ahead. Sorry about the knee trouble. Hopefully weight loss will increase mobility and decrease pain a bit. All the best!

Holly, no sense worrying about a problem you don't know you have. Get through the test and go from there. Even if there is a blockage, there are things that can be done about it. It might delay your surgery a bit, but not forever, and better safe than sorry.

Once you get past this, the DS will get more weight off those knees than any other bariatric surgery, and allow you to have knee replacements in the future if needed. This will make a huge difference in your life. So hang in there and let us know what happens with the stress test.

Keep in mind that heavy people have layers of fat on their chest which can result in abnormal EKGs. Of course, being heavy makes it more likely that there is in fact a coronary artery blockage.

Years ago, I had two friends my age who had the DS after I did, in their early 50s. They were both SSMO (both over 400 lbs), and both had been at least SMO pretty much their whole lives. Both of them had abnormal EKGs right before their scheduled surgeries.

1) First one, a man, had to have angiogram to rule out a blockage - the angiogram showed his coronary arteries were clean as a whistle, and he had a successful DS surgery.

2) Second one, a woman, had to have angiogram to rule out a blockage - the angiogram showed she had blockages in multiple coronary arteries, one of which was 95% blocked. She was a heart attack waiting to happen. They treated the blockages while she was under anesthesia during the angiogram, and she had to delay surgery 2-3 months after first being treated with anticoagulants and then being weaned off of them, and she had a successful DS after that.

An abnormal stress test doesn't mean you have a blockage. But you might. Better safe than sorry.

Forgot to mention that the surgeon who did my knee replacement refused to do it until I lost weight. His reasoning was that the weight that damaged the knee would also damage the replacement in addition to my being relatively young. A second knee replacement on the same knee is harder to do and he won't do a third. While I could have gone to a surgeon who would do it at my high weight, I refused to consider another surgeon. I thought his reasons were sound. I worked in medical records and cringed when a younger and morbidly obese patient got the surgery.

Welcome.

I have felt your pain. My left knee was bone-on-bone and I have had to have the chemical stress test. I have a "bionic" left knee. So far my right knee is not painful.

Just my humble opinion, but the people here are the greatest.
I Hope I don't have to do surgery. I want this to help so bad. Thanks for your reply.

Keep in mind that heavy people have layers of fat on their chest which can result in abnormal EKGs. Of course, being heavy makes it more likely that there is in fact a coronary artery blockage.

Years ago, I had two friends my age who had the DS after I did, in their early 50s. They were both SSMO (both over 400 lbs), and both had been at least SMO pretty much their whole lives. Both of them had abnormal EKGs right before their scheduled surgeries.

1) First one, a man, had to have angiogram to rule out a blockage - the angiogram showed his coronary arteries were clean as a whistle, and he had a successful DS surgery.

2) Second one, a woman, had to have angiogram to rule out a blockage - the angiogram showed she had blockages in multiple coronary arteries, one of which was 95% blocked. She was a heart attack waiting to happen. They treated the blockages while she was under anesthesia during the angiogram, and she had to delay surgery 2-3 months after first being treated with anticoagulants and then being weaned off of them, and she had a successful DS after that.

An abnormal stress test doesn't mean you have a blockage. But you might. Better safe than sorry.

Thank you Diana. I appreciate you. I got your name wrong before in my original post. I said Deanna. LOL It was you who helped me decide to go to Dr. Ayoola and research the DS more and I really thank you for that. You said I need to wrap my head around it because I was scared it seems so invasive. But after my appointment with him he is such a wonderful man and he told me about 90% of my weight would be gone and to me that would be a total blessing. I could not imagine what I would look like or feel like being 125 pounds lighter. I am currently 292 and 5-5. So I am looking forward to my new me. Its going to be some work but I feel it will be worth it in the long run. Thanks again girl.

Holly, no sense worrying about a problem you don't know you have. Get through the test and go from there. Even if there is a blockage, there are things that can be done about it. It might delay your surgery a bit, but not forever, and better safe than sorry.

Once you get past this, the DS will get more weight off those knees than any other bariatric surgery, and allow you to have knee replacements in the future if needed. This will make a huge difference in your life. So hang in there and let us know what happens with the stress test.
Thank you so much.

Welcome, and I’m thrilled for you. You’re right, it’s impossible to imagine your new self/life without dragging that weight around! You’ll find out before you know it, and it’s amazingly wonderful and any discomfort you encounter early on is well worth your reward! Again, welcome.

Latest posts

Back