Hello from Washington State home of the Seahawks

Hi I'm still here my weight has seemed to stabilize. Keeping up on Vitamins and Protein. I am about 4" shorter then I used to be so my BMI is in the normal range. They are kind of concerned with a nodule on my lung that has grown somewhat. I have others but that is the COPD and are not growing. So they are keeping an eye on that. I am at about 146 lbs now. I am having to take 2 27mg iron tabs a day to try to get my iron up a little because they want to give me the cure for Hep C which with the type I have I have a 96% chance of clearing it in 12 weeks. The VA is going to do it. One of the meds causes a type of anemia so they want me to get my iron level up because I am already anemic. I am having a problem with constipation. I'm taking 3 stool softeners at night and occasionally Miralax if that doesn't work I have to use a Bisocodyl suppository sometime twice a week. These iron don't help either. Thank You all for being concerned. I'm still kicking. We are hoping to go over to the westside of the state for a couple of months in our motorhome depending on the outcome of my echo and what my cardiologist says. I am going to start getting some strengthening PT Friday at the VA which will be good. I have to be careful with excercise because of my heart so it will be nice to have it supervised. Thanks Again

Pat I guess I can't put my email in or I would I will try to sneak it in its dunhams03 at microsoft network. You know what that's msn.

Last edited:
Tell them to give you an InFed infusion - easy peasy, your iron is UP in one day, and no more oral iron-induced constipation!

We are preparing for a long RV trip sometime in the late summer, and part of it will be through eastern WA (going from Portland to Banff).

Hi I'm still here my weight has seemed to stabilize. Keeping up on Vitamins and Protein. I am about 4" shorter then I used to be so my BMI is in the normal range. They are kind of concerned with a nodule on my lung that has grown somewhat. I have others but that is the COPD and are not growing. So they are keeping an eye on that. I am at about 146 lbs now. I am having to take 2 27mg iron tabs a day to try to get my iron up a little because they want to give me the cure for Hep C which with the type I have I have a 96% chance of clearing it in 12 weeks. The VA is going to do it. One of the meds causes a type of anemia so they want me to get my iron level up because I am already anemic. I am having a problem with constipation. I'm taking 3 stool softeners at night and occasionally Miralax if that doesn't work I have to use a Bisocodyl suppository sometime twice a week. These iron don't help either. Thank You all for being concerned. I'm still kicking. We are hoping to go over to the westside of the state for a couple of months in our motorhome depending on the outcome of my echo and what my cardiologist says. I am going to start getting some strengthening PT Friday at the VA which will be good. I have to be careful with excercise because of my heart so it will be nice to have it supervised. Thanks Again

Pat I guess I can't put my email in or I would I will try to sneak it in its dunhams03 at microsoft network. You know what that's msn.
Glad you posted...we missed you.

Okay, the email is considered a link and you have to have a minimum of 10 posts to be able to do that. That limit is to foil spammers but it ends up affecting all new members.

For some reason he doesn't want to do it that way. Not sure if it has to do with the Hep or what. He seems more concerned of whether I have cancer on my lung. He is a hemotologist and seems to know what he is doing. I am going to see him at the end of May and we'll see if they worked or not. He said I could take the treatment anyway. I really don't want to start it till we get back. I don't want to have any problem getting the pills the treatment costs 100K.

Try Proferrin instead of the iron tabs - while they didn't help ME, they have helped some people, and this form does not seem to upset the guts.

Latest posts

Back