Hello From Michigan

annie0039

I'm Jackie from Michigan I had a lap band in 2009 thrilled to be rid of it!!
I started to research the DS in hopes that I could revise to that but soon after removal insurance changes were made and I No longer have Bariatric coverage :(
I'm very active in the pursuit to get the Lap Band removed as a WLS option.
YEAH, I know I like Banging my head against a Brick wall and wondering why it hurts? ..lol
I Administer a Face book page for over 2000 members with Failed bands. I originally came here to research the DS but those plans are on "HOLD' Good luck to all in your pursuit of Healthy Living

My insurance doesn't cover Bariatric surgery either so I went to Mexico for my VSG to DS revision.

Welcome to the boards...I'm glad you got rid of your band and hope you find a way to get what you need.

Okay, you're in my state. I recommend Grand Health Partners in Grand Rapids. Dr. Kemmeter. Not my surgeon, Foote. My surgeon makes tiny, tight sleeves that are nearly impossible to live with. It's his trademark. Kemmeter is the guy you want to see. There are no bariatric surgeons doing the DS in my Tri-City area of Saginaw, Bay City or Midland. One was advertising on huge billboards that his WLS "cured" T2D. They pulled those fast, though.

Thank you Sheanie, I started out on FB DS Page, then consulted with Dr. Marek Lutrzykowski but just wasn't" feeling it" after he told me that "I should have come to him BEFORE getting my band removed. Oops sorry dude but I wan IN Pain and wanted that damm thing out!...lol then I called Dr. Kemmeter. :) and found I no longer had Bariatric coverage. So I'm taking it one day at a time as I'm not interested in Mexico at the moment.

Yeah, you certainly dodged a bullet with Dr. Lutrzykowski. He's someone we steer people AWAY from. Very bad surgeon. I have nothing good to say about him. He operated on 3 people I know personally. One died of complications that should have been a no-brainer, but not before losing his sight and kidney function. He had a crap band.

Have you asked Dr. Kemmeter about a cash discount? The worst case is he says no. And then there's Care Credit. Also, you should be fighting for a revision covered by your insurance. Have you talked to Diana Cox on here about fighting your insurance? She does that.

Latest posts

Back