Hello From Michigan

Megan11VSG14

Hi everyone!!

My name is Megan and I'm 29 years old. I'm married with two handsome sons ages 4 & 5. I also have a 12 year old daughter. I love my job as a teacher aide for an Infant classroom. I just had my VSG November 21st! I also had the hiatal hernia repair done at the same time. That was totally unexpected. In turn it has made my recovery very difficult. I cannot miss a dose of my pain meds. I can however move pretty well. The main problem is bending over and also lifting ANYTHING! Since I can't lift or bend over I can't go back to work just yet. Hopefully I can go back by Thursday this coming week I miss my work babies!

Congrats and welcome! I would think that you are still swollen and will take a while to heal. Not sure though, so hopefully someone with more knowledge than me will chime in. Take care of yourself and don't rush the healing. It has only been 8 days.

:welcometotheforum: @Megan11VSG14

Where in MI? My husband and I use to live in MI until 2007 below Downriver (In Monroe). (Only a Michigander would understand that Downriver doesn't go ALL the way to the state line, LOL)

Okay, as much as you WANT to go back to work as soon as you can, remember that even if the outside incisions are healed, your insides were sliced/diced/and put back together. And add the hernia repair and I suspect you will be on a 10 lb lifting restriction for at least 6 weeks....You NEED to give both time to heal. You get ONE chance to heal, don't push too fast.

Lol! I'm from Grand Rapids.

:welcometotheforum: @Megan11VSG14

Where in MI? My husband and I use to live in MI until 2007 below Downriver (In Monroe). (Only a Michigander would understand that Downriver doesn't go ALL the way to the state line, LOL)

Okay, as much as you WANT to go back to work as soon as you can, remember that even if the outside incisions are healed, your insides were sliced/diced/and put back together. And add the hernia repair and I suspect you will be on a 10 lb lifting restriction for at least 6 weeks....You NEED to give both time to heal. You get ONE chance to heal, don't push too fast.

Latest posts

Back