Hello from Michigan!

smileydd

Hello everyone!

I am new to the Duodenal Switch journey! I just had my surgeon consult and meeting with behaviorists last week 10/23/14. I am waiting on a call about a surgery date. I know they are trying to get a date before the end of the year.

I am a 34 year old mom of two wonderful munchkins ages 9 and 10 (almost 11!) I have been married for about 13 years! It has been a roller coaster ride! We are in the process of buying our "forever" home! Closing should take place in the next few weeks. We also have some wonderful fur babies too! Two domestic cats named Ducky and Gibbs. We also have a hybrid Savannah cat named Ziva. Yes, there is a NCIS theme to our pets. :)

I have struggled with my weight going up and down since high school. I have always been active and healthy so it has never held me back. I am currently 5'3 and 335! Lately I cannot seem to lose any weight. I do not have any health problems yet but know that I am a high risk because my BMI is over 50! I have been doing research over the last couple years and finally made the decision that I need to make some changes in my life before it is too late. I have a wonderful family, wonderful friends, soon to be "new" home, and a job I love. The only dark shadow is my weight. If I can take control of this I believe I can make a huge difference and can maintain a healthier future. This will be my first experience with weight loss surgery.

To help prepare for the DS journey I show up to my doctor's appointments with my handy dandy notebook. I plan to keep track of all the tips and advice I receive. My surgeon encouraged me to continue my research so I can learn even more. My goal is too learn as much as possible during this journey so that when I get ready for the surgery I will feel more comfortable. I know that it is going to be a long process and a huge life change. I am ready for the challenge! I am nervous and excited all at the same time!

I welcome any tips and advice during this journey!

Thanks!

Smileydd :001:

Welcome! I'm kind of new here also, 3 months or so and also a pre-op. I am an information junkie and am trying to absorb everything I can as well and this site will serve you well in many ways. From selecting a surgeon, pre-op, post op, everything is right here with some really good advice from some really smart and knowledgeable helpful people.

Greetings sister NCIS fan :). I'm getting a huge kick out of the New Orleans spinoff so far, although some of the writing has been awfully clunky.

Hi and welcome! Great to see you here. You will find much more info here than...elsewhere.

Hello! I also like NCIS but I haven't watched it for awhile. I didn't know there was a spin off, for example.

:welcomeboard:

I actually GET CBS here. yep, looky there. I could watch it tonight - the real one is on at 8 and the New Orleans at 9.

now, can I stay up that late? :p

Hey @smileydd !! I'm in Michigan. I went to GHP in Grand Rapids for my DS. I am currently living in Saginaw, but we are in the process of moving (close by). Where are you? Who are you having for your surgeon? I'm 5 years out (August 2009).

Latest posts

Back