Hello from Lincoln, Nebraska, USA

Amy Dalton

DS on 3/3/2014 by Dr. Armour Forse in Lincoln, Nebraska. High weight 342. Surgery weight 312. Current weight about 175. I only weigh at the doctor's or surgeon's office and haven't been there for a couple of months so I'm not sure what my current weight is. I'm 5' 5 1/2" tall (used to be 5' 6"). My doctor doesn't believe in setting goal weights because he believes that each body will select a weight that is appropriate for it. And, that is fine by me. I like not feeling stressed over a number that may or may not be reachable.

Personal info, I'm 63, married, retired, and pretty much a crazy cat lady. My college-age granddaughter lives with us while she is going to college. I have one daughter who lives way too far away (California). My grandson lives with his father in western Nebraska and I don't get to see him near often enough.

It took quite a while before I was really able to truthfully say that the DS was absolutely a great idea -- about 6 months. Now, I'm totally convinced that it is what made it possible for me to again be glad I'm alive. Before the DS, I was so sedentery that it was almost like being dead. I'm still not exercising enough, but I'm doing so much more than I was that it excites me.

My favorite NSV so far is fitting into my granddaughter's size 13/14 jeans. I was so proud of myself that she gifted them to me. It seems like everyday there are things that I notice that were either impossible or very difficult for the old me; to the new me, they are a breeze.

Latest posts

Back