Hello from Las Vegas!

JustJuraLV

Hello! I had my original DS back in July 2002. I was originally 289 lbs the day of surgery, lost down to 164. In 2004, I had a hernia repair/tummy tuck/breast augmentation. In 2006, I had anal fissures surgery. In 2008, I got pregnant with my one and only daughter. In 2013 I had a 3 disk lumbar fusion (L3-S1) and lost down to 145. I began noticing other isssues, struggled to get my vitamin levels where they needed to be through the help of a local endocrinologist. I went back to CA to Dr K in 2015 and ended up having a feeding tube placed and an internal hernia repaired along with an obstruction fixed. I'm currently dealing with a 3rd hernia/obstruction. My weight hovers around 136-141. My current health insurance is not covering needed surgery so I'm frustrated, b/c I'm uncomfortable and frankly sick and tired of being sick and tired. Any help or advice will gladly be taken.

I live in Vegas too.

I don't understand how your insurance gets around covering hernia's and bowel obstructions. If you have a copy of your EOC, post it in your thread. It's a long document maybe 100 pages or so. Your insurance company can tell you how to get a copy but it's probably available online somewhere.

@Munchkin Ok, I will work on getting that. I have to go over to pay my health insurance coverage tomorrow at Teacher's Health Trust, since I'm out on disability right now. This is a mess...Do you have a good PCP? I struggle to find any Dr's here that truly understand or want to understand the DS.

@Munchkin Ok, I will work on getting that. I have to go over to pay my health insurance coverage tomorrow at Teacher's Health Trust, since I'm out on disability right now. This is a mess...Do you have a good PCP? I struggle to find any Dr's here that truly understand or want to understand the DS.
No I don't. Sorry!

Hi and welcome @JustJuraLV. I'm sorry for your current and past health challenges. I have experience with both reoccurring hernias and anal fissures - not a walk in the park by any means. At least you are in great hands with Dr. K and hopefully someone here can assist with the insurance challenges. Hang in there!

Latest posts

Back